Can't receive text messages from other carriers.

Accomplice

Can't receive text messages from other carriers.

Have an LG X Charge. Have not been able to receive texts from carriers other than Boost/Sprint since Monday. Others can receive mine but I can't receive theirs. Can call and use the Internet. Have tried literally everything. Soft and hard resets, troubleshooting, factory data resets., clearing the data and the cache. SIM card is fine so it isn't that either. Have been getting the run-around from customer service and am beyond frustrated.

17 REPLIES 17
Agent

Re: Can't receive text messages from other carriers.

Hello @Walkthedead We apologize for the inconvenience. Would you please send us a private message, so we can further assist you?

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.
Accomplice

How do I do so?

Agent

Note: For you to send a me a Private Message only need to click on my

username, which will take to my profile, once you're there on the right

side of the screen you will see the option to send me a Message.

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.
Accomplice

Sent.

Agent

We understand. However, we'd like to check the network performance and search for outages that could be causing this issue. Please, send us your address to do some investigating.

I have the same problem, and I have the same phone. Did you ever figure it out?

Good morning, abbier347! Our most sincere apologies for that situation!

Have you ever tried using your LG X Power on the CDMA-only network mode? We'd like to confirm if the same issue occurs when your phone uses a different frequency/bandwidth.

Looking forward to your reply!

Hozuki_Robert

Groupie

I have been having the same issues. This has happened once before with my x charge, and it's frustrating because I too have reset, updated, erased, cleaned. Was told there were some tower outtage near my home and I was an hour away. Still having issues with text messages. I'm ready to get a phone through another carrier.
Agent

Hi there, Mijokc. Thanks for contacting us. We're sorry for the inconvenience with the messages. 

Please, send us a private message with your address, phone number and PIN to check the coverage and the account.