Buying a new phone and selling the old phone to a current boost customer.

Highlighted

Buying a new phone and selling the old phone to a current boost customer.

Hi,

Two questions here.

1.   I currently have the LG Tribute HD phone. I am purchasing the LG Stylo 3 and I need to transfer all of my data and such to the new phone. How do I go about this?

2. I will be selling my old phone (Tribute HD) to a coworker who is also a boost customer. What do I need to do to make sure my info is wiped from the Tribute HD? And what does my coworker need to do to transfer the phone to their account?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Agent

Hey there, @rickjcfl18. (1) You can use an SD card to store your pictures, or other data files like music or videos and place the card to your new phone. You can sync all your data via Google Drive also by using your Google account.

(2) Before selling the phone to your co-worker, you need to backup your data, afterwards, perform a factory reset. This will wipe out all the data. 

Also, in order to get the phone activated, your co-worker needs to contact us to help you completing a phone swap or he can do it on the website at boostmobile.com.

We remain at your service if you need further help.

Highlighted

You can also just use LG backup and move everything directly from one phone to the other.

It's already on both phones.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Using Bluetooth or Email is a good choice when it comes to a small amount of files. But if you have a large number of files to get synced and if you want to transfer files like contacts and messages between two Android phones, you really need to find better choices. You can enjoy an one click transfer from Android to Android by using Phone Transfer software, which is a professional tool designed to directly and freely transfer files between two Android phones. With this tool, you can easily transfer any files from one Android phone to another Android phone without any difficulty.
Highlighted
Accomplice

How to wipe all the data from the old LG phone?
There are various third-party computer apps that can be used to permanently erase Android data.
About Android Data Eraser:
This amazing computer program which currently runs on both the Windows and Mac operating systems performs a thorough deep scan on your Android phone or tablet hence deleting any available data on it. It is impossible to recover the deleted data even if somebody decides to use any sophisticated data recovery program. By using this powerful tool, you can easily delete everything on your device including your favorite videos, usernames and passwords, music files, and text messages in just one simple click and leave zero opportunity to restore.