Be aware when you boost up you may have extreme difficulty getting your old phone unlocked

Go to solution
Highlighted
Accomplice

Be aware when you boost up you may have extreme difficulty getting your old phone unlocked

Let me preface this by saying as a long time customer I have always found customer support to be polite, attentive, and helpful.

I recently decided to use the boost up feature to upgrade from a stylo3 to the new stylo4+. I found the process simple, and my new phone arrived promptly. Love the new phone. When I activated the new phone I explained  to CS that I wanted to give my old phone to my son who was on a different network. They checked the eligibility of my old phone for an unlock, said it was eligible and that I would receive a text shortly confirming the unlock. A week later I contacted them again about this issue. I was told that I had not previously contacted them about this issue. The agent started a new unlock order, and told me I would receive a text or email confirming the unlock That day or the next. A few days later I contacted them again explaining that my phone was still locked. Once more a new case was started, and I was told that they would expedite the unlock. SUPRISE... still locked, still no email, still no text. So currently I have a very nice stylo4+, and a $179 designer paperweight. I still like boosts coverage, pricing, and customer support, but I am HIGHLY disappointed with this particular situation. I would like the community to know that they may well experience a great amount of difficulty utilizing boosts unlock service.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Accomplice

Re: Be aware when you boost up you may have extreme difficulty getting your old phone unlocked

Finally unlocked. Total time 9 business days, time invested by me to make this happen 15 hours of screwing around with CS on the phone. And i never received a text or email that the process was completed.
GRADE: D- barely satisfied.
I stand by the title of this thread
9 REPLIES
Agent

Re: Be aware when you boost up you may have extreme difficulty getting your old phone unlocked

That’s not what we like to hear. We truly apologize for the inconvenience, thebadgerone. Send us a private message so we can review this further.

Accomplice

What info do you need? How can the community help me , my problem is with CS.

Agent

Please send us a private message so we can check the lock status. 

Accomplice

I have started this PM routine, I will let you in the community know how this works out.

Accomplice

"Thanks for the information. We've reviewed your account and we can see that the unlock request is still being processed. It can take up to 72 business hours for the device to be unlocked if it meets the requirements. "

the same story I have heard multiple times on this quest to unlock my phone.

every time I am told I am eligible

each time the time period is extended for how long it will take   (first today, then tomorrow, next 48 hrs, now 72 business hours.

the frustration level and time invested keeps growing!

I am simply amazed that every interaction I have had with CS previous to this one was handled almost instantly, and this problem (entering a 9 digit # into the computer) is becoming a full time job

Accomplice

"Timeframe for the unlock to be completed is 2 Business Days. Bear in mind that since it was submitted on Thursday, it can take up to 72 hours if the phone meets the requirements.  "

This has been submitted multiple times, each time I have waited the quoted time before resubmitting.

every time I have been told the phone meets the requirements.

every time I have been told to wait some random amount of time.

Forgive me if being told again the same story with a new timeline does not bring me satisfaction.

Accomplice

Just a quick update....  still not unlocked

Agent

Hello, thebadgerone! So sorry to hear about this experience. We want to help. Did they provide you with a case #? Can you private message us your account details, so we can look into it? To send a Private Message, click my username or picture, then click "send this user a private message". Thanks! ~AmyM25

~AmyM25
Accomplice

Finally unlocked. Total time 9 business days, time invested by me to make this happen 15 hours of screwing around with CS on the phone. And i never received a text or email that the process was completed.
GRADE: D- barely satisfied.
I stand by the title of this thread