Android 9/Pie update for LG Stylo 4??

Go to solution
Agent

Re: Android 9/Pie update for LG Stylo 4??

Hi ilovecolbyjack. Thanks for reaching out to us. We're sorry, we do not have a date for the update, since LG is the one that releases the updates, usually per model. We'd recommend you to keep checking the software updates on your device. ~AmyM25

~AmyM25
Groupie

these responses are confusing to me tho, because even if LG puts out an update, it's up to the carrier (in this case Boost Mobile) to push the update OTA.

Accomplice

Exactly
Groupie

So I have found out that the unlocked Stylo 4 has a beta of Android 9.0 running on it as of August 19th of 2019, so the insider said in a blog that the stable version should be out within a couple months. So with that being said I'm currently on patch 11j as of 8/30/2019 at 12:01 am eastern time. If we get the pie update by Christmas it should be version 20a or 20 b if Boost follows suit with the update to pie. I'll keep scouring the net to find out more and let y'all know!
Enthusiast

It's up to Sprint and boost mobile to push out any updates that come from LG the manufacturer has nothing to do with the going to the phone it's the Cellphone carrier boost mobile is trying to pass the buck to LG
Accomplice

Any word on when Lg stylo 4 gets the pie update?
Enthusiast

like i said before google send the up date to lg then lg gave the update to the carriers then it up to the phone carrier to push the update to the phone not lg that why a lot of phone carriers won't don't the google pixel because google controls the update to their phone so if android 9 come to the boost mobile lg stylo4 it would be up to sprint to push the to boost mobile then boost will pust the update the phone if boost tell you it up lg to pust the update to the phone they are lying