Android 9/Pie update for LG Stylo 4??

Go to solution

Android 9/Pie update for LG Stylo 4??

Will the LG Stylo 4 be getting the newest Android 9/Pie update (phone came with Oreo 8.1)?? If so, when? I've scoured the internet and can't find a solid answer on if or when...
See more topics labeled with:
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Agent

Re: Android 9/Pie update for LG Stylo 4??

Hi, ilovecolbyjack. Thanks for contacting us. Android is consistently getting upgraded by Google. Not every phone gets the new updates when they come out, but it's up to the manufacturer to release new software updates for your device. We recommend contacting LG at 1-800-793-8896 for more information about this. 

10 REPLIES 10
Agent

Hi, ilovecolbyjack. Thanks for contacting us. Android is consistently getting upgraded by Google. Not every phone gets the new updates when they come out, but it's up to the manufacturer to release new software updates for your device. We recommend contacting LG at 1-800-793-8896 for more information about this. 

Thank you!
Agent

You’re welcome! We remain at your service. Please feel free to contact us if you have any question/concern or if there's anything else we can assist you with. We'll be more than happy to help!

Enthusiast

Just in case you didn't call. I chatted with them and they said that they don't know if there is going to be an update and if there is going to be an update that we can get notified by our carrier or by air....hoped I helped.
Highlighted

ok so when do lg send the new updates

Agent

Hi, Rrmarti. Thanks for contacting us. Android is consistently getting upgraded by Google. Not every phone gets the new updates when they come out, but it's up to the manufacturer to release new software updates for your device. We recommend contacting LG at 1-800-793-8896 for more information about this.

Enthusiast

Like I said they don't even know if there's going to be any updates so we just got to wait for an announcement or just keep checking for a notification for a software update.
Enthusiast

Hey so I contacted LG again. This is what one of their workers told me.
"Upon checking it the operating system the platform of this phone is Android Oreo and yes it will receive the update of Android pie. You're phone is capable for the Android pie update but we don't have idea when it will be because the phone will receive the update automatically. It will show in the notification of it that the phone is ready to update. Also the system update was sent to the developer and they send it batch by batch that's why not all the same model of the phone will receive it at the same time. So we don't know exactly when but we do know for sure you will get the update and you can contact your carrier or Google because they are the one who are sending the update to the phone."

Thanks again!