About to buy LG G6 from amazon, and gsm or cdma for boost mobile?

Go to solution
Highlighted

About to buy LG G6 from amazon, and gsm or cdma for boost mobile?

I am about to purchase unlocked phone from amazon and I need to know whether it should be GSM or CDMA for Boost Mobile. 

I am very confused right now because I didn't know about GSM or CDMA till today. And, I am currently using my Samsung Galaxy S4 from Tmobile with Boost Mobile, which is not supposed to be, right? (Tmobile is GSM and Boostmobile is CDMA. My phone worked just fine.)

So my question is, Is it GSM or CDMA for boost mobile? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: About to buy LG G6 from amazon, and gsm or cdma for boost mobile?

Miny36 wrote:

I am about to purchase unlocked phone from amazon and I need to know whether it should be GSM or CDMA for Boost Mobile. 

I am very confused right now because I didn't know about GSM or CDMA till today. And, I am currently using my Samsung Galaxy S4 from Tmobile with Boost Mobile, which is not supposed to be, right? (Tmobile is GSM and Boostmobile is CDMA. My phone worked just fine.)

Boost Mobile phones run on CDMA @Miny36 so I will always suggest you purchase a CDMA rather than a GSM.

It's _possible_ to activate a fully unlocked GSM device on a CDMA , network and vice versa, it's just a lot more complicated and typically, a retail store or tech support agent won't be able to assist with the process.

Community Manager

Captain of the Pirate Ship the Vicious Cream Puff

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos or marking it the Accepted Solution.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: About to buy LG G6 from amazon, and gsm or cdma for boost mobile?

Miny36 wrote:

Boost Mobile phones run on CDMA @Miny36 so I will always suggest you purchase a CDMA rather than a GSM.

It's _possible_ to activate a fully unlocked GSM device on a CDMA , network and vice versa, it's just a lot more complicated and typically, a retail store or tech support agent won't be able to assist with the process.

Community Manager

Captain of the Pirate Ship the Vicious Cream Puff

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos or marking it the Accepted Solution.

View solution in original post