Community Manager

Em_Will_I_Am_0-1581633693286.png

What's up Community!  If you have not heard the news already, Virgin Mobile USA is being transitioned to Boost Mobile!  Starting on 1/6/2020, Virgin Mobile customers will receive an email and/or SMS text notification about 30 days before their transfer date explaining their account transfer to Boost!  Then beginning on 2/6/2020, Virgin Mobile customers will be transferred to a Boost account and comparable Boost Plan on their next monthly bill cycle!  Transfers are expected to be completed by late March/early April.

We know you may have some questions and we will attempt to answer as many as possible.  So let's get started.  First and foremost, your account number and phone number will carry over to the new Boost account.  No need to give out a new number or be concerned about losing your current number.  Also, all Virgin Mobile phones will work on Boost once they are transitioned except for mobile broadband and Blackberry devices.  To our current mobile broadband and Blackberry users, to avoid service interruption on your devices, you will need to switch your device.  Your mobile broadband/Blackberry service will no longer be available beginning April 7th, 2020.  If you choose to consider Boost Mobile, please visit BoostMobile.com or your nearest Boost Mobile store for information and current promotions.

Now about VMU Top-Up cards.  You can continue to purchase and make payment to your VMU account using VMU Top-Up cards or by visiting a Boost Mobile store.  Once your account is transitioned to Boost, you can use any unredeemed VMU Top-Up cards on your Boost account.  VMU Top-Up cards will continue to be sold in the following major retailers until the transfer is complete:

• Walmart
  • Dollar General
  • Family Dollar
  • Walgreens
  • Kroger
  • Target
  • CVS
  • Best Buy

VMU Top-Up will no longer be sold in Sprint Stores as of 1/17/2020.

I know what you are thinking.  What about my plan?  We got you covered!  Your new Boost price plan will be the same or lower monthly cost than what you pay today. Also, you will have the same or better features included in the plan.  Information about your new plan will be available when you are transitioned to Boost. For additional Boost Mobile benefits click here. A quick note about Add Ons/Bolt Ons.  In preparation for your transition to Boost, we had to expire any Add Ons that are not compatible with Boost.  We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.  Once you become a Boost customer, you can select from a wide range of Add Ons/Bolt Ons for your account.

Before we get to the FAQs, two very important items regarding payments. For our pay by the minute customer, Boost does not offer a 45/90 Auto Top-Up option, so when you transfer to Boost you will need to be sure to either choose Low Balance Auto Top Up payment option, or remove the Auto Pay selection and manually add money every 90 days with a major debit or credit card to ensure your account stays active.  In preparation for your transition to Boost, we will be removing this Auto Top-Up option from your account on or around 2/2/2020. Also, for our monthly plan customers be advised Boost does not support PayPal as a payment method.  We will be removing PayPal from your account on or around 2/2/2020.  You will need to register a credit or debit card on your account prior to 2/2/2020 in preparation for your transition to Boost.

Those are the key points. Below are the FAQs"

I have been a Virgin Mobile customer for a long time, why is my account being transferred to Boost Mobile?

• We appreciate your loyalty. To ensure that we offer the best service to our customers, we regularly examine our plans. At this time a decision to discontinue the Virgin Mobile USA service has been made. As we are committed to providing you with great service, we will transfer your account to our sister brand Boost Mobile.

Do I need to make any changes to my account before the transfer to Boost Mobile?

• At this time, paying for your service through your PayPal account will not be supported on your new Boost Mobile account and therefore, PayPal will be removed as a registered payment method on 2/2/2020. Customers enrolled on a payment method or AutoPay with PayPal accounts will need to re-establish payment options and re-enroll in Autopay using a major credit/debit card.
  • Boost Mobile also does not accept 45/90 Day Top Up Payment Option for service payments, and will be removed from all Virgin Mobile accounts on February 2, 2020. Customers enrolled in 45/90 Day Top Up Payment option will need to re-establish payment option and either re-enroll in a Low Balance Autopay option or make manual on-time payments  using a major credit/debit card prior to transition in order to avoid service interruption
  • If your account is impacted by either of these payment methods, we will notify you with instructions on how to make changes prior to the transfer date in order to avoid service interruption.
  • Please note the Texas LIDA credits will no longer be issued following transfer to Boost Mobile.

Will my plan payment date change?

• If you make no changes to your account or plan, your payment date is not expected to change when we transfer you to Boost Mobile.
  • Recurring monthly plan payments are due on your payment date, which is based on the day when you purchased, restarted, switched or activated your plan.

Will my existing VMU AutoPay setup or payment methods on file transfer with the switch to Boost Mobile?

• If you are currently enrolled in AutoPay with a debit or credit card, Virgin Mobile will automatically transfer it to your new Boost Mobile billing account to prevent your services from being interrupted.
  • At this time, Boost Mobile does not accept Paypal accounts for service payments. If you are currently enrolled in AutoPay or payment methods on file with a Paypal account, you will need to remove it from your account and replace it with a debit or credit card prior to 2/2/2020 in order to avoid service interruption.
  • Boost Mobile also does not accept 45/90 Day Top-Up Payment Option for service payments. If you are enrolled in this, you will need to reestablish the payment option and re-enroll in a Low Balance Autopay option prior to 2/2, or remove Auto Pay selection and make manual payment with major credit or debit card in order to avoid service interruption. Before Transferring to Boost Mobile:
    • You can manage your AutoPay account by visiting www.virginmobileusa.com/login, and
    accessing your account.
    After Transferring to Boost Mobile:
    • You can manage your AutoPay Account by visiting http://myaccount.boostmobile.com/ sign-in and using the first four digits of your 6 digit Virgin Mobile PIN for the initial login to your account.
    • If you don't remember the VMU pin, click the "Forgot Pin" link on the login page.
  • You may choose to un-enroll your Virgin Mobile account from AutoPay by visiting www.virginmobileusa.com/login prior to migrating to Boost. If you no longer want to be on AutoPay after the migration or need to change credit/debit cards, you can visit http://myaccount.boostmobile.com/sign-in and access your account using the first four digits of your current Virgin Mobile PIN.
  • Please note Virgin Mobile Top Up will not be available in Sprint stores. See www.boostmobile.com to locate a Boost Mobile store nearest you or to pay online.
  • Also, note that a minimum of one payment every 90 days is required to maintain active account status.

Can I change phones or add lines to my account after the transfer?

• Once your account is transferred to Boost Mobile you will be able to upgrade to a Boost Mobile phone and/or join or start a Boost Mobile Family Plan. Please note however to add a line will require switching to a new Boost Mobile Family Plan.

How can I manage my account online or from my device after it has been transferred to Boost Mobile?

Who can I contact if I have any questions?

• If you have any questions following the transfer of your account to Boost Mobile, please contact Boost Mobile Customer Care by calling 888-266-7848 or 888-BOOST4U or check BoostMobile.com/FAQ

Will my existing Virgin Mobile phone insurance carry over to Boost Mobile?

Can I purchase phone insurance for my Virgin Mobile phone?

• If you do not have phone insurance at the time of transfer to Boost Mobile, you will not be able to add it to your existing device following the transfer.
  • Customers who upgrade to a new Boost Mobile device are eligible to purchase phone insurance on the new device.

Will my existing Virgin Mobile account history be transferred with my transfer to Boost Mobile?

• Yes, your Virgin Mobile account history will be transferred with the transfer of your account to Boost Mobile.
  • After your transfer to Boost Mobile is complete, you will be able to access your account and account history by visiting boostmobile.com/myaccount and log in using the first 4 digits of your 6-digit VMU PIN.
  • Customers with existing account balances can apply funds toward service plan payments. They are not eligible to be used for device purchases. Device purchases require a major debit/credit card.

Will I be able to access my Virgin Mobile account up until the transfer to Boost Mobile and make changes to my plan?

• Yes, you can continue to access your Virgin Mobile account on www.virginmobileusa.com, www.boostmobile.com/myaccount or by downloading the Boost Mobile My Boost App to your device.
  • You will log in to your Boost Mobile account using the first 4 digits of your 6 digit Virgin Mobile PIN.

What changes can I make to my Virgin Mobile account until my account is transferred to Boost Mobile?

• Existing Virgin Mobile customers can continue to manage their account up until their transfer to Boost Mobile is complete.

Why does my device screen still show the Virgin Mobile splash page when I turn my device on after the transfer to Boost Mobile?

• You may notice that your existing Virgin Mobile device will continue to reflect Virgin Mobile branding on its screen following the transfer to Boost Mobile. However, your existing account will be a part of the Boost Mobile family.

Will my account or phone number be canceled if I don't make a monthly payment?

• If you do not make your monthly payment, your service will be interrupted. You will have 120 days after your service is interrupted to add enough funds to your account and prevent account cancellation. If your account is canceled for nonpayment you will lose any funds in your account balance and your telephone number. Lost
    funds are nonrefundable.
  • If your service is interrupted at the time of the transfer to Boost Mobile, your account will still be transferred. Although you will be able to receive text messages and voice calls, you will not be able to make outbound calls or texts until you bring your account current.

Can I transfer to Boost Mobile before the transfer date?

• Yes, if you'd like to transfer to Boost Mobile prior to the transfer date, please call Boost Mobile Care, 866-402-7366.
  • Please choose the option for Activating a new device.

Does Boost Mobile support a secret question and answer as part of Account Authentication?

• While Virgin Mobile supported a secret question and answer as an alternate means of authenticating your account, Boost Mobile does not. If you forget your PIN, you will have other methods available to retrieve it. 

What additional benefits will I receive with my transfer to Boost Mobile?

• Taxes and fees will now be INCLUDED in your new Boost Mobile plan.
  • 6,800 Boost Mobile locations nationwide for your convenience.
  • 99% nationwide coverage with voice roaming.
  • Boost Perks, a reward program exclusive to Boost Mobile customers.
28 Comments
Enthusiast

FYI the Plan cost is not the same or lower as the email informed us it would me...

I have the $35 Virgin plan and had the $5 discount for auto payment which made my payment $30.

Well, Boost charged me $35. After numerous chat messages, Boost told me they do not honor the auto payment discount.

I have 2 accounts so that's an extra $10 a month.  I know that amount is not a lot to some but it is to me.

I had no choice in the matter and just recently purchased a Virgin Iphone 11 without being notify that a transfer was coming... 

I have a $5 credit on both my accounts.  One account has transferred no credit is showing on Boost. Other account hasn't transferred yet and is still showing it (took pics).  Can no longer access the transferred account on Virgin.

Boost payment.jpegpayment and credit.jpg 

Community Manager

That was not our intention and we realized this after several comments.  As a result, folks like you, we have suspended migrating accounts to more expensive price plans.  PM me your account number and I will get this addressed.

Not applicable

Hi I have a few questions:
1. I’m an Inner circle member and get 800 domestic voice roaming minutes and 100 MB domestic data roaming per month. Boost apparently doesn’t offer any data roaming? And only 50 minutes voice minutes on select plans but doesn’t say which plans include this...Which plans do? Will inner circle members voice and data roaming change and be lower? If you say same plan or better but don’t even have domestic data roaming and dramatically lower voice roaming, this isn’t true....

2. The list for devices that have hotspot doesn’t include any iPhones? Is this true?

3. For customers who’ve been with virgin for at least 1 year and made at least 12 on time consecutive payments like I have be eligible for BoostUp! After transfer to boost?

thank you so much and if you need to DM me it’s not working properly for me so please try to answer in this thread.

-Chris Meyer

Community Manager

1. I’m an Inner circle member and get 800 domestic voice roaming minutes and 100 MB domestic data roaming per month. Boost apparently doesn’t offer any data roaming? And only 50 minutes voice minutes on select plans but doesn’t say which plans include this...Which plans do? Will inner circle members voice and data roaming change and be lower? If you say same plan or better but don’t even have domestic data roaming and dramatically lower voice roaming, this isn’t true....

Yes, Inner Circle is being moved over and includes domestic roaming. Boost does offer roaming.  Their Roaming FAQ page is here.

2. The list for devices that have hotspot doesn’t include any iPhones? Is this true?

iPhones are hotspot capable.  It appears the list on the FAQ has not been updated in quite some time.  I will work that back to get it updated.

3. For customers who’ve been with virgin for at least 1 year and made at least 12 on time consecutive payments like I have be eligible for BoostUp! After transfer to boost?

Because your account number is not changing when you are transferred to Boost which also means your payment history remains intact.  As a result, you would be picked up by the monthly file that checks the Boost base for eligibility.  It may take up to a month for a customer to receive the eligibility notification.

Not applicable

Hello,

I need to transfer (Port)  my phone number,  I need my account number which is imposible to get,  please let me know how to get this account number. already send several requests via email.

Do you need my PIN?  How do I send this?

Thank you

Not applicable

I'm having the same issue as puddnpie.

My previous bills were 30 after a $5 auto pay credit.  Now boost is charging me $35. (See the screen shot below)  How do I go about getting this corrected?

boost payments.jpg

Not applicable

Hello!

I assumed that once my month restarted, it would migrate over to Boost. I topped up my account yesterday so that my month restarted today (as I do every month same time) but it hasn't migrated over yet. Is it just because it's a Sunday? When will my account migrate over?

Thanks!

Community Manager

@spindlej PM me your account number.

@teeveeyou did you get the text notifying you of the migration?

Not applicable

@Em_Will_I_Am, PM has been sent.  Thanks!

Community Manager

For those that are keeping score, this is the PM I sent to @spindlej

"I just received confirmation the accounts migrated from VMU to Boost will receive messaging indicating we are aware of the discrepancy and with the next MRC in March we will be changing the price plan to a plan that is $5 lower."

Not applicable

@Em_Will_I_Am 

Hello again,

Yes I received a text notification back in January about it migrating over but that was it. My sister also had Virgin Mobile and hers and her daughters and sons accounts all migrated over when their months restarted last week. Mine is still Virgin Mobile even after my month restarting a couple days ago. 

Thanks 

Community Manager

@teeveeyou PM me your phone number and I will check.

Not applicable

so as of today 02/20/20 my account has not been transferred to Boost Mobile.   is that normal or?

Community Manager

@AKIRALOCO depends on your billing cycle date.  You should have received a text and then the transfer would take place 30 days from that text.

Not applicable

I recieved a email saying my plan was switched over starting on FEBRUARY 6 

But yet i can not access my boost mobile account and they say im not in the system . So who am i to pay to . How do i access my boost mobile account .

Community Manager

@Tya PM me your phone number and I can check.

Groupie

are virgin mobile top up cards valid through boost?

Enthusiast

I am one of the upset loyal virgin mobile customers also. Today I got a 5 hour run around about how I can't have my old virgin plans that were given to me for 18 years of loyalty. I was also called a liar about my pin numbers. Unfortunately during all this transferring and migration I was dealing with several family emergencies, so excuse me for not making boost mobile the top of my contact list. The way I was treated today along with the atrocious hold music that I was subjected to, Even there stores here in Colorado were all down.  I am calling this exactly what it is a hair and switch.

Enthusiast

so guys i kinda would likew to be able to acess my account please

virgins websiter no longer lets me log in .. which means its youyr bag, if my pin is correct (it is) why canty i log in  i can get the text from boost with my pin which is correct 

help me ouit here

Enthusiast

I also just migrated from Virgin Mobile. My first month was billed at the $35/month rate instead of $30/month. Since these plans will be adjusted by five dollars within the next billing period, can I have a credit for this month as well? Thank you. 

Groupie

My wife and I were auto-moved over from Virgin Mobile and we're having issues.  Specifically, our phones can make outbound calls without issue, but some of our friends on certain providers cannot call us.  It says our number is unavailable.  What is interesting is that we can reach them but they cannot call us.  This has happened with both sets of our parents and some contractors we are trying to work with.  The bad part about the problem is that it does not affect everyone and we don't know when or how many people are not getting through.

I was on the phone with Boost Mobile support last night where the network settings were cleared and the phones were re-provisioned on the network.  Makes sense.  Clear out the cobwebs.  While this appeared to work in limited testing, when I tried to have my parents reach us again they still had the same problem.

So I am back to square one and I don't know what greater thing a service person could do beyond re-provisioning the phone.  Is there something related to how mobile carriers look up numbers to call one another?  Like some providers lookup for our numbers are pointing to some null place at Virgin Mobile instead of to the right place at Boost?  Looking to get this resolved quickly as it will be much easier to just switch to SimpleMobile or another carrier.

Enthusiast

I am sorry but the security here is AWFUL!

Unless I am missing something, you guys went from a 6digit pin (Virgin Mobile) to a FOUR DIGIT PIN!

Can I get an ACTUAL password on my account? Can I get a longer pin? Can I PLEASE get 2auth? Some script kiddie can bruteforce my "pin" in two seconds if they want. Any of our pins. Are there any plans for better security? I would like someone to not get into my account and view all my history and such please.

If I missed anything in regards to better security, feel free to point me in the right direction.

If this is the way my data and account is being treated I may be switching providers very quickly here.

Edit:
I also see people are getting the $5 difference. Is there a way to sign up for this?

Enthusiast

I just posted two comments to this thread and my post was deleted. What did I do?

---

I am sorry but the security here is AWFUL!

Unless I am missing something, you guys went from a 6digit pin (Virgin Mobile) to a FOUR DIGIT PIN!

Can I get an ACTUAL password on my account? Can I get a longer pin? Can I PLEASE get 2auth? Some script kiddie can bruteforce my "pin" in two seconds if they want. Any of our pins. Are there any plans for better security? I would like someone to not get into my account and view all my history and such please.

If I missed anything in regards to better security, feel free to point me in the right direction.

If this is the way my data and account is being treated I may be switching providers very quickly here.

Edit:
I also see people are getting the $5 difference. Is there a way to sign up for this?

Enthusiast

I'm a little confused about service issues I have been experiencing since my account transferred from Virgin Mobile - my service seems to be in a "roaming" state almost constantly when I am not connected to wifi. As far as I can tell, I should be in a covered area even with the Boost Mobile plan. Is there a way to verify this information or see why this is happening?

Enthusiast

Im having two problems. One, when i got transfered to boost they changed my plan. On virgin i was charged $45 for 10 gb a month on boost they charge me $45 for only 6gb they didnt keep my plan the same. Second, boost offers a hotspot service which i cant access because it says " you havent subscribed to the hotspot service" . 

Enthusiast

My virgin inner circle plan was transferred.  I now cannot access the internet on my cell phone when I am home and my wi-fi isn't turned on.  I have been waiting on hold this morning for more than 26 minutes so far.  It was my understanding that my unlimited data would carry over to boost.  If so, why am I blocked?  If my wi-fi is off, I cannot access the internet at all.  No Netflix, email, news.... NOTHING.  Please help.  This is completely unacceptable. 

Enthusiast

I hate to be this guy, but my account was transferred over to Boost from Virgin Mobile and I am so angry. Before the switch over I was due for a new phone, but upon trying to get a new one through Boost online, the site said that my billing address was incorrect and I was unable to buy a new phone. I figured okay, whatever. I'll fix it later. Skip to a month ago and I finally decided enough was enough, it's time for a new phone. Mine is currently not charging, and it's been a real pain. So I go to order a new one, realize I need to change my billing address. Okay, did that. Except it didn't work? I've tried to have it changed five times and it still isn't reflecting on my account. When my information was transferred over to Boost from Virgin, it must have duplicated my apartment number and not once has it been rectified. I was told several times that I was not eligible to BoostUp! because I wasn't a customer for a year, which is complete garbage considering that I've been a Virgin Mobile customer since 2015. Now I've got to replace my phone outright, I'm $700 poorer during Covid. Hope that second stimulus check hits soon. I've never been so angry at a phone company in my life. Customer Service is a joke here. 

Community Manager

PM me your phone number and pin.  I can update your address.  As far as tenure, that was transferred over from Virgin.  Shoot me your info and I will look.