Community Manager

me.JPG

What's up Community!!!  Well, it's official, I am the latest and greatest Community Manager here on Sprint Community.   Please allow me to introduce myself!  For those who thought that was a Rolling Stone - Sympathy for the Devil reference...you're old!  I was going more for the Jay-Z PSA (Public Service Announce) vibe.

Well, I was born in a small town.  And I live in a small town.  Probably die in a small town.  Oh, those small communities.  Besides being a huge John Cougar Mellencamp fan, I am quintessential Sprint.  Exactly one week from today, I would have been with the company for 15 years.  During those 15 years, I’ve worked every line of business known to man. Customer Care, Finance, Business Care, Swap and Go (a department where you only activated devices), General Tech, Advanced Tech Support, Offline Ticket Team, Device Lab, Executive Team and I cleaned the floors on Mondays, Wednesdays, and alternating Fridays.

Those were my official roles.  I also have had many unofficial roles which included many projects.  Ironically, 10 years ago, I was part of the Samsung Instinct project and the beginning of BuzzAboutWireless/Sprint Community.  My screen name was TechieTech.  Now, we have approached full circle and  I am the new Community Manager. Exit TechieTech, enter Em_Will_I_Am.  

I would like to thank @georgi-li and @PacoPico for bringing me onboard.  Ladies, I am forever in your debt.  Also a special shout to !  You have been a true friend from the jump!  Also shoutout to some of the community members I've become to know over the past few months, , , , ,  , , and  for deleting one of my first post.  Mods, am I right?!?!  Seriously, thank you guys for everything.

Since I have been doing this, I received a lot of questions via PM.  So I decided to post the most common ones:

Do you look like your avatar?

Yes, but I'm boxier.

What phone do you use every day?

Google Pixel XL 2

#TeamAndroid or #TeamIOS?

I have a Google Phone, Google Watch, 3 Chromecast, 4 Google Speakers and a Nest doorbell.  So, I would say #TeamIOS O_o

Have you ever met Sprint CEO Marcelo Claure?

Not personally, but I have emailed him once and he wrote back.  That's it.

Are you a bot?

Does not compute

Are you and  the same person?

No.

Why don't we see you and  in the same room at the same time?

You don't see me and Iron Man in the same room at the same time.

Where can we find you on Social Media?

Actually, I am not on Social Media, but I just created a Twitter an hour ago.  I have no friends, so follow me!

How you get a social media job and you don't have social media?

I already explained this mom!!

What words do you live by?

"Make sure your Plan B is not a recycled Plan A"

That's it, folks.  If you have any questions, comments, concerns...Comment below, PM me, or send a tweet.  I'm open!! 

8 Comments
Enthusiast

Hello

Community Manager

I can help @Dee4303 and hello @CaraAnn. What's up?

Groupie

@Em_Will_I_Am I have a new question regarding boost up that hasn't been posted yet but can't seem to figure out how to create a new post. What do I need to do to start a thread?

Community Manager

@CaydenJ go here and click "Start a Topic" upper left

Groupie

Hello and welcome. 

Just wondering how to stop and discontinue  visual voicemail. I like it, just not the pop up ads or the other crud attached with it.

Thanks

Community Manager

Depends on the device.  If you are talking iPhone, not much you can do there.  If Android, you can Force Close/Stop the app and just dial into voicemail or voicemail can be removed from your account altogether.   You can "Start a Topic" for your particular device if you need further help.

Groupie

Thanks. I will try your suggestion. My phone is on android and the visual voicemsail was an added pay feature I thought I would try. Once activated, I didn't care for it as I noticed pop up after pop up. 

Thanks for your help tho. I will let you know if it works.

Community Manager

Cool!