Community Manager

You asked, we listened!  Beginning the 8th of September 2017 you will no longer pay additional taxes and fees on your  Boost account. This means ALL Boost accounts, no matter f you just joined us, or if you have been with us forever!  Oh, and to add to all that, we will no longer be taxing your Re-Boost card either, that's how we roll at Boost!

So to explain how this works, before 9/8/17 when you bought a plan it cost you $50 plus you had to pay taxes & fees every month. 

After 9/8/17  your plan will cost you $50, no additional monthly taxes and fees,!  

Just so we are clear that includes monthly: Sales tax, Point of sale 9/11 charges and CA MTS Surcharge.  However, there are charges that are not included, here's a quick list below, but please be sure to read the FAQs for specific details and fees for this new program.

• Convenience Charges  - in-store and over the phone.
  • Activation Charges
  • Reactivation Charges
  • Phone Number Charges
  • Device Return Charges

Be sure to check out the FAQs first, then if you still have questions, post them below and we'll get them answered for you.

24 Comments
Groupie

Awesome!! Smiley Very Happy

i love it, thank you!!!

Groupie

How does one get assistance that was affected by hurricane Irma? My service is up at midnight.

Agent

Hi,alicevelaz! Please send us a private message with your phone number and PIN, as we’d love to help you out with this!

Enthusiast
that's i love boost mobile...thanks
Enthusiast

Yes! Taxes included feels like love to me  - Thank you Boost 

Enthusiast

Didn't work for me. I just bought a card at Walgreens, and was charged for the 911 fee and sales tax. An extra $7.15. What's up? Is everything included or not?

Agent

Really sorry to read about this, @sc2f100. Unfortunately, some retailers are not ready for taxes/fees included. Please, send us private message with your phone number, PIN, the Date, time, and amount of purchase to further assist you.

Enthusiast

I sent a PM to Hamilton about my problem, and narry a peep since then. I've also sent a message to support with the same result. Your support sucks, and it looks like it's time to look for a new service provider. Don't annouce something you can't deliver on.

Agent

Hey there, @sc2f100! Really sorry to hear about that. We certainly don't want to see you unhappy. We understand your concerns and we'd like to know that we are working to improve this nationwide. Thanks.

Groupie

Ever since this announcement, i have used my re-boost card and still have to pay the fees, which total $55.50.  Is there some catch to this I'm missing?

Agent

Hi there, Robert69. We'd have to check your charges on our end. In order to discuss the account information, please send us a text message with the phone number and PIN using the following short code 2781.

Accomplice

Alley, can you contact me please? I tried to figure out how to send a personal message, but I guess I can't?

Thanks!

Accomplice

@A11ey

Can you please send me a message please Robot Happy ty!

Agent

Hey there, @therogerwilco! If you are referring to a private message, you can click on the username and it will display the options to send a private message. Thank you.

Enthusiast

Just baught a card at walgreens and taxes and other fees added to the boost card .. Commercial on TV says no taxes on your reboot .. 

Agent

Hi there Ddavis031, Sale taxes  are collected on where applicable on purchases. Did you purchase a Re-Boost card? Victor21

Groupie

LOVE Boost!! We were with straight talk for a long time and they were awful.  We didn't know what to do.  You guys are the BEST!! Great customer service.  Kay helped me today and I have not had that kind of customer service in a very long time.  She was GREAT!!! Thank you for renewing our faith in people and a a great cell phone company!! We recommend you to everyone!!

Accomplice
Just found out about this today. Didn't know why my last two auto=payments didn't include taxes. Very happy that it wasn't a fluke. I think that this is awesome. Having been with Boost for years, I can't understand why people still get themselves stuck in annual and multi-year contracts with other providers that charge more and offer less. Thank you Boost!
Groupie

Hello

This is not true at all. I tried purchasing a boost mobile airtime card from target yesterday and they still charge tax even though the card read "ALL TAXES AND FEES INCLUDED" This is a SCAM!

Accomplice
@talkquest The original post clearly states that this applies to monthly Boost account plan payments. My monthly plan is $45 + $2 insurance, so $47. With taxes, I was paying $49.95 I use auto-pay. Since September 2017, Boost has deducted only $47 per month from my bank account. No taxes.
Groupie

Hi Alley, I am a dealer in Texas facing a difficult issue regarding 911 prepaid tax. I have brought it up to my master agent and spg rep and all i have received is a generic letter saying Sprint is covering these taxes. The Texas state comptrollers want more evidence stating that Sprint is indeed collecting these taxes. I have a tax liability and have no answer from anyone.  Could you send me contact information from someone up in Sprint I could talk to regarding this?

Enthusiast

Hello, I've been paying online since I opened my account with Boost, but I misplaced and canceled my debit card recently and I'm confined to using checks and cash until my new one arrives. This means I need to go to my local convenience store and buy boost cards to pay my plan with, and I've noticed earlier on a lot of users here were still getting charged taxes/fees by stores. I was wondering if there was maybe an update on this situation and if anyone knows if I should expect any fees or taxes now that almost a year has passed. Thank you Smiley Happy

Agent

Hi, @Bryson. Thanks for reaching out to us. You'll pay for your plan plus the convenience fee ($3).

If you have any other question or concern, just let us know.