iPhone unlocking

Groupie

iPhone unlocking

Hi, everyone. So I've been a Boost customer for over a year now but recently I've been thinking of switching to AT&T and their cheaper $40 gophone plan for a while now. I bought and own an iPhone 5C from the Boost Store over a year ago when I first got my plan but when I went to AT&T to buy the gophone plan and SIM Card, the phone couldn't accept the AT&T SIM Card because my phone is locked with Boost. I don't understand this, I bought the phone in full with cash the day I got the plan at Boost. How come I can't just switch to a different carrier, that was the whole point of going with Boost, so that I could be free to choose what service I wanted without bindings of contracts. Now I'm also told that my iPhone 4S can't be unlocked whatsoever and that it is locked with Boost. With all this in mind, please understand that I spent $40 plus $7 of activation fee/ SIM card price at AT&T alone because I thought, as the commercials state that I can have the freedom to switch or stop whenever I want. So after not being able to switch to the carrier I wanted, I couldn't be left without my phone so I had to go back to the Boost Store to reactivate my plan again costing $50 plus an $15 activation fee just to be back where I started, stuck with Boost. Please what can I do to get my phones unlocked, as I rightfully should be allowed to. This whole situation has cost me over $113 because when I bought the phone I had the knowledge that you can stop your service with Boost whenever and switch to another if you wanted to. Apparently Boost doesn't just easily let you leave, I am very disappointed with Boost.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: iPhone unlocking

You have to call boost to unlock your phone
Groupie

Thank you for responding Jefferson, but what about my iphone 4s? The manager said there was no way they'd unlock it. I'm still waiting on my phones to be unlocked, but they still haven't.

Highlighted
Groupie

There is a way. I once had a 4s from sprint. Everyone online and everyone I talked to at stores and wherever I read and researched, they said you couldn't take a sprint phone off the sprint network for another carrier. I ended up using the hex version of the IMEI after encrypting it or some "fixing" of the number with a Chinese IMEI fixer online...and I got it flashed over to straight talk using one of their byop kits they sell with SIM cards. It took a couple times entering my info for the process. I was using straight talk at the time is why I got it flashed that way. But after that the iPhone 4s was carrier unlocked without any permission or jumping through loops from sprint network. The iPhone 4s was one of the first "world" phones, meaning that it contains the technology to be activated on nearly, if not all of the cellular bands that cell phone carriers on planet earth used at that time. That was: code division multiple access, the time division variation with global system for mobile communication, along with some of the WiMAX and early Long Term Evolution frequencies being adapted in the previous decade.(although I don't believe it was capable of true 4th generation mobile signal processing)