iPhone 6 plus Unlock request

iPhone 6 plus Unlock request

I am in the midst of a ridiculous quagmire. I decided to switch from Boost to Verizon (my daughter works there). I had two phones in my account. I asked that it be unlocked and one was- remotely by Boost- but the other wasn't. After we found out about the second, we requested help. They told me that to unlock it, I would have to cancel my account but did not tell me until afterwords, that they weren't going to do it myself- but gave me a code for Verizon  do it. Verizon doesn't appear abe  do it- and Boots insists that giving this code to the new carrier is the only wasy- an aburdity because they already did it on one phone.  This goes round and round. Can someone help actually unlock the phone?

8 REPLIES 8
Agent

Re: iPhone 6 plus Unlock request

Hello @johnnybluestar. Boost Mobile will assist with unlocking a device under the following circumstances:

• The device has not been reported as lost or stolen or otherwise flagged as ineligible to be unlocked
  • The device has been active on the associated account for at least 12 months with the account active at that time

If you believe you meet the above requirements, send us a private message with the phone MEID/DEC number, and the phone number and PIN where the phone was activated.

Groupie

I am in a similar nightmare scenario with unlocking and Boost Mobile Customer Service. I've had my iphone 6 plus for 13 months. I am travelling overseas and Boost doesn't have roaming in those countries. I need to be able to insert a SIM card from local mobile provider.

So I called 611 last weekend and spoke to 5 different people. After explaining my request to all five of them for over an hor, finally, last person attempted to do something. I had no clue why it takes so long - all they had to do is give me a code. Long story short, this last person didn't do it either. But, she emphatically promissed that even though she was having some technical difficulties, in 72 hours my phone would be unlocked and they would email me or call me once it is done.

Needless to say, I week later my phone is still locked and nobody called me or emailed me. I called back (being really frustrated). Spoke to another half-a-dozen people on 611: custromer service reps, managers, and tech support (person named Bella was extremely rude). Again, nothing was done. Some of them openly lied that it is impossible, some of them aknowledged that it was possible, but they couldn't reach anyone in unlocking department or other excuses...

If this Forum does not help, I'll send a written letter to Matt Carter regarding horrendous unprofessionalism: some customer reps would simply hang up on me, put me on hold multiple times, lied, disputed the fact that phone can be unlocked, laughed on the background etc...

hello im trying to do the same thing but private message to who? or what number?

hi i am trying to unlock my iphone 6 also but who do i message the info too? or what number?

Agent

Hey there, @crazyluv97! Click on the user name of the Social care agent. You will be taken to their profile. Click the "Send this User a Private Message" located on the right hand side. Type your message in the new window and click Send.

Enthusiast

Hi there I am. Iam just bought a new phone from your website and called a representative to help me unlock my old phone she gave me a code would you be able to help me unlock my phone?
Highlighted

Boost mobile is holding my used iPhone 6 hostage.

You never required me to sign a long-term service plan when I bought the piece of crap recycled iPhone 6. I was assured it would come with a new battery, but the battery was crap and it cost me $80 at the Apple store to replace it. When I started to move to different states I found out boost mobile cannot provide Internet or cellular service in most of the country's smaller cities. . Boost will not release the IMEI. Boost Mobile support illegally told me the FCC laws require a 12 month service plan commitment on this used iPhone 6.

I had called in 20 times and boost mobile support has confirmed that you have no coverage in most of the areas that I have been living in for six months yet you were holding my phone hostage and will not release the IMEI. Please release it!
Agent

Hi there, @jcollin1050964! We have replied to your PM. Please check your inbox.

~Nosh_CxUx