Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

activation error

Highlighted

activation error

Just bought a used iPhone 6 from boost mobile and I cannot get it to activate FaceTime or imessage
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Guru

Re: activation error

You have to be signed in on the device with your apple account that is in good standing.  

If you just created your apple account, be sure to validate your email address.

Make sure in the Phone app, you’ve got your number listed. On top of ‘Contacts’ you should see your number listed (My Number:). If not, you’ll need to go to Settings → Phone → My Number and enter your number.

Be sure that you have selected the correct time zone on your device.   Settings > General > Date & Time

Wi-fi issues can cause iMessage activation problems so have cellular enabled and Wi-Fi turned off.

If it still fails, then in Settings go to General, scroll down to Reset then select “Reset Your Network Settings.

For some users, the message sent out for activation goes out as an international SMS.  Try adding $1 to your boot account so you can send intl text messages.

Then there are these workarounds too....

Airplane Mode

As strange as it sounds, may be you should try this method if nothing else works. 

Here’s how it works:

Step #1. Go to Settings → scroll down and tap on Messages and turn off iMessage (also disable FaceTime)

Step #2. Turn on the Airplane mode. Wifi will be turned OFF automatically.

Step #3: Turn ON Wifi.

Step #4. Head back to Messages and turn-on iMessage.

Step #5. You’ll be prompted for your Apple ID if you haven’t added it yet. (else, you don’t get any notification)

Step #6. Now, head back to Settings and turn OFF Airplane mode.

Step #7. Mostly, you’ll be shown a notification that says ‘Your carrier may charge for SMS’ – Tap on OK

Step #8. If not, go to Messages, turn OFF iMessage and then turn it ON again.

Step #9. In a short while, iMessage should get activated.

Step #10. You’ll see a greyed out number and an email ID. A little later, the number should be checked and that’s it.

(This worked, seriously.)

More discussion at Apple’s forum

and

Apple ID Sign-out, Sign-in

Sometimes, you just need to sign-out of your Apple ID and then login again.

Step #1. Under Settings → Message, scroll down to where it says ‘Send & Receive’ and tap on it.

Step #2. Tap on the Apple ID and then press Sign Out.

Step #3. Switch off iMessage now.

Step #4. Wait for a while (turn on/off Wifi) and then switch ON iMessage.

Step #5. Enter your Apple ID details now and try to reactivate iMessag

If all else fails, do a factoy reset.

Did one of these work for you?  Which one was causing issue for you?

Yours,
-J
Check my badges!
If I have answered your question, please be sure to click the Accepted Solution_B.GIF button at the bottom of my Reply, so others can quickly find the answer they are looking for!

Highlighted
Accomplice

I bought a refurbished iPhone 6 off of here. If I reset my network settings is my phone still going to be a boost mobile cell phone?
Highlighted
Accomplice

Were you able to activate?
Highlighted
Agent

Hello! Ktoney. Thank you very much for contacting us. Could you please let us know more details about your issue? we really want to help!

Highlighted
Accomplice

So I bought a used iPhone off of here and I’m not able to activate the FaceTime or IMessage
Highlighted

Were you able to try the steps provided before?

Highlighted
Accomplice

The only thing I haven’t tried is resetting my network connection. I’m not for sure what it’s going to do. Like if it’ll mess my phone up or not
Highlighted

No, it only disconnects the network and connects back up.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Resetting the network connection didn’t work either