Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

Unlocked iPhone X

Highlighted
Groupie

Unlocked iPhone X

I paid off my iPhone X and my wife's iPhone 8 Plus with AT&T and got them both unlocked. According to the list on the Boost Mobile website, iPhone X and iPhone 8 Plus both qualify for Bring Your Own Phone.

When I punch my IMEI number in on the website for my iPhone x, I receive the following error message:

" Bummer! Something went wrong here on our end. Try entering your device ID again and be careful to enter the numbers correctly. If you continue to get this message, it may mean we are still working out the kinks."

I know for a fact that I'm entering the correct IMEI number. I even brought it to my local Best Buy and they tried and got the same message.

Similarly, when I enter the IMEI for my wife's iPhone 8 Plus, I get the following error message:

"Bummer! This phone is not currently eligible. Why is my phone not eligible? If you feel this is wrong, enter the device ID again below or shop for a phone."

So what's the deal? Will both these phones not work with Boost Mobile, even though they're both on the list as approved devices? I noticed some iPhone models on the list said they work only if they came from Verizon, but it does not say that for the iPhone X or the iPhone 8 Plus.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Agent

Re: Unlocked iPhone X

Hey there, yeppappa! Certain devices may not be compatible with us even if they are on the list. Allow us to take a closer look. Please send us a private message so we may work directly with you.

You can send a private message by clicking on my name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.