Unlock iPhone

Accomplice

Unlock iPhone

Can someone help me unlock my iPhone?
I have had the phone for over 24 months (paid cash) and am in a different country, trying to get service.

Thanks, 

Cody

16 REPLIES 16
Agent

Re: Unlock iPhone

Hello @Cody101192 So sorry about the trouble! What's the model of the device? 

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.
Accomplice

It's an iPhone 6s.
Agent

Unfortunately, since you're located outside of the United States territory the device cannot be unlocked. 

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.
Accomplice

Why is that a factor?
I bought the phone cash and own the phone
Accomplice

So I'm unable to get service because Boost has locked my phone? You may very well have lost a customer that has been with you for almost 10 years if I can get this figured out. Please show me the rule where it says you can't unlock my device if I'm not in the United States.
Accomplice

I'm a US Military service member and was required to go overseas. Now, you're telling me that you can't do anything to help me? If I would've known it was locked, I would have done this before I left the country.
Agent

We apologize for the inconvenience. Unless you purchased a phone or device specifically sold as "unlocked" at the point of purchase, you should assume that it is locked to a specific service provider's network. This is true whether you purchase the device from a service provider, a retail outlet or through a third-party. As we've mentioned before, you need to be in the United States, so we can process the unlock request. 

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.
Accomplice

can you please provide the document that says that I need to inside the us to have it unlocked?
Agent