Multiple people have recieved defective iphones from boost that were supposed to be "refurbished"

Highlighted
Accomplice

Multiple people have recieved defective iphones from boost that were supposed to be "refurbished"

I have been trying for a month to get a refund for a defective phone that was sent to me as "refurbished. The same day I received it I realized something was seriously wrong with the rear camera. It mad a loud mechanical noise and the image vibrated violently. No one inspected this phone before shipping. No way they would have missed this, I am sure they work of a basic checklist to make sure the phone is operational. They knowingly sent me a defective phone.

This though was the least of my troubles. I said no problem boost has a 90 day warranty on these used phones. Well guess what boost does not warranty the phone, that was done by some third party. Geuss what they said when I called them? This phone that I just bought was NOT under warranty. Very interesting.

Called boost they told me even though, I just bought the phone I had to go to an apple store and have them fix it. I went to Apple store thinking they have some kind of warranty through boost. No I would have to pay more than the iphone costs for apple to fix it. Back to boost I go.

I eventually talk to a supervisor that ages to do a return, great I send the phone in. A couple weeks later I called and said hey you received the broken phone weeks ago. Where is my refund? I was told the return was accepted and I would get a refund tomorrow. Great. Did not happen. Called again spoke to supervisor, was told 8-10 days for a refund business days he says. Also not true. If you look at boosts website it says 8 weeks for a refund!!

Talked to my bank, I have to report fraudulent charges within 30 days. I plan on doing so. When I bought the refurbished phone  I though, oh they will at least send me one that works. Maybe it might have some scratches or whatever, no problem. Nope bad phone and I am not the only one. Also once again warranty not honored, failure to refund after they have received the defective phone back buyer beware.

I am sure boost will say please message us so we can take care of you. I will get my money back through my bank but why does boost operate like this? Been a customer for years, take your broken phone back you tried to pawn off on me and refund the money.      

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Accomplice

Omg! Im having the same problem with my iphone. They’re selling defective phones! It’s not right!!
Highlighted
Agent

Hello, @Jacqui. Thank you for stopping by. We're sorry to know you're having issues with the phone. Could you please send us a private message to further assist you? We'll be waiting for your response. Remember, we're here to help. -Kira_M. 

Highlighted
Accomplice

How do i send a private message
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there, Jacqui. To send a private message just click on the picture of any user and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message".