Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

Just got a boost mobile phone and.....

Enthusiast

Just got a boost mobile phone and.....

Hello all I'm new here and a new Boost mobile customer as well. Okay so anyways I just ordered a phone on the official boost site Tuesday, and it came yesterday (Thursday), and I opened it up and everything. So I go online fill out the activation stuff, and do all the steps. Then finally I get the phone activated, and it's service is really bad I think it's just because it is new might be the reason. But also I have another iPhone that's with AT&T I was looking to switch to boost to make things cheaper the AT&T phone does well here, and I checked the boost coverage maps it says I'm covered at my home. But it take a long time to open up a website on the phone downloaded pandora app took like an hour for it to finish. And it says its always in 3G or Boost 1x........ And that makes it slow as ever it gets LTE for maybe a minute or so but then goes back to 3G or 1x or says no service.. I've called customer service twice today one person did a service update didn't fix it and then finally said it may be the phone itself so he attempted to direct me to a sells rep a exchanging it for a new phone then it hung up called back. Told the new person i called previously, and eventually she connected me to a sales rep or tried it actually went to the insurance person and she couldn't help. I'm really dissatisfied with boost and I haven't even had it a full day.  This is pretty ridiculous I'm already thinking about being done with boost over all this... 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Agent

Re: Just got a boost mobile phone and.....

Hey, @SR980! We're very concerned about your feedback. But we're truly sorry for the experience.  Please give us the opportunity to turn this into something positive. We really want to help you by looking into your account and your area to see what might be the main cause of your issue. Please send some information via a private message about your location. Thanks.

Highlighted

I only get 3g and 1x as well no matter where I go not sure what 1x is but I’ll have full bars and it says 1x when it does that it won’t connect to internet or send text but I can call my sons phone has sprint service and in same area as I’m getting 1x and no internet he is streaming videos in HD with LTE why I have been in mount pleasent , midland, Saginaw in Michigan no LTE ever called boost all settings good updated service if can’t get it fixed will probably have to switch to sprint terrible service so far no matter what city and my phone works fine was getting LTE from last provider through sprint towers boost was a better deal so I thought
Highlighted

I only get 3g and 1x as well no matter where I go not sure what 1x is but I’ll have full bars and it says 1x when it does that it won’t connect to internet or send text but I can call my sons phone has sprint service and in same area as I’m getting 1x and no internet he is streaming videos in HD with LTE why I have been in mount pleasent , midland, Saginaw in Michigan no LTE ever called boost all settings good updated service if can’t get it fixed will probably have to switch to sprint terrible service so far no matter what city and my phone works fine was getting LTE from last provider through sprint towers boost was a better deal so I thought
Highlighted

Please help
Highlighted

Hey there, Bigjuicy79! Can you send us a private message with the details so we can work through this?