Iphone 7 plus question

Go to solution
Highlighted

Iphone 7 plus question

If i buy an iphone 7 plus on ebay(that was formerly used on Spring) will this work on the boost mobile network?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Iphone 7 plus question

The Sprint version of the iPhone 7s is compatible with Boost service.  That said,  be careful buying a phone on eBay. It's pretty easy for people to sell you a phone that's attached to a cancelled account.  If it's not reported lost of stolen, the ESN may appear 'clear' but that doesn't mean it's unlocked, eligible for unlock or eligible for activation on another account.  

I've worked with some customers in the past who bought a phone this way only to find it was attached to an account with a balance.  If that happens, you're out the money and a phone.  Just be sure you're buying from a reputable reseller.  

Community Manager

Captain of the Pirate Ship the Vicious Cream Puff

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos or marking it the Accepted Solution.

2 REPLIES
Community Manager

The Sprint version of the iPhone 7s is compatible with Boost service.  That said,  be careful buying a phone on eBay. It's pretty easy for people to sell you a phone that's attached to a cancelled account.  If it's not reported lost of stolen, the ESN may appear 'clear' but that doesn't mean it's unlocked, eligible for unlock or eligible for activation on another account.  

I've worked with some customers in the past who bought a phone this way only to find it was attached to an account with a balance.  If that happens, you're out the money and a phone.  Just be sure you're buying from a reputable reseller.  

Community Manager

Captain of the Pirate Ship the Vicious Cream Puff

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos or marking it the Accepted Solution.

Accomplice

Hello, thanks for contacting us, . At the moment, we can only activate phones compatible with our company. We can also activate select devices from other carriers (see the list below) and they must be unlocked domestically by your current carrier before switching. Lost/stolen devices are not accepted. Eligible phones include: •iPhone 7 (Verizon Only) •iPhone 7 Plus (Verizon Only) •iPhone SE (Verizon Only) •iPhone 6s •iPhone 6s Plus •iPhone 6 •iPhone 5s (Verizon Only) •iPhone 5c (Verizon Only) •Samsung Galaxy S7 Special Edition •Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Special Edition See specific model number below: •iPhone 5c - A1532, A1529, A1507, A1456 •iPhone 5s - A1533, A1530, A1457, A1453 •iPhone 6 - A1549, A1586 •iPhone 6 Plus - A1522, A1524 •iPhone 6s - A1633, A1688, A1700 •iPhone 6s Plus - A1634, A1687, A1699 •iPhone SE - A1662, A1723 •iPhone 7 - A1660, A1778, A1779, A1780 •iPhone 7 Plus - A1661, A1784, A1785, A1786