Best buy iPhone x activation

Groupie

Best buy iPhone x activation

Hi I am looking at buying an unlocked iPhone x from Best Buy.
Will this be able to activate on Boost?
Will I need a sim card?
If activated is the phone locked on boost for 12 months?
The thing costs over 1000$ so I want to know what Im getting into.
4 REPLIES 4
Agent

Re: Best buy iPhone x activation

Hi, Ddw1! The iPhone X Compatible Models are the A1865 and the non carrier specific (Open Market Model). Yes, you'll need to purchase a new SIM card when you Bring Your Own Phone from a non-Boost Mobile wireless provider.  Your new Boost Mobile SIM card will allow you to use the Boost Mobile network. To get a Boost Mobile SIM card kit, buy online, visit a Boost Mobile store or contact your local Walmart, Best Buy, or Target for product availability. It will not be locked on Boost network. You can find all the details here https://activate.boostmobile.com/bring-your-phone?intnav=TopNav:Phones:BringYourPhone.

Highlighted
Groupie

Thanks for fast reply!

Very helpful reply.

Sorry for the rant
Going to make sure model numbers match before checkout at best buy. Going to use cash too. Its a shame that were at risk everytime we use our cards online and everything. Looking at increasing security and stopping google bots. (Good luck I know)
Anyways. Thank you very much for the quick reply. I really hope this works out. I like what you guys are offering for the price and ive been looking at all these decisions for weeks. Changing my mind almost every day. But I digress. Verizon is still new to prepaid where as u guys been doin this for years. So I trust you over the rest. I admit metro conned their way into my life. Ill tell you what killed it for them too. Ill direct you to look at their privacy agreement which sure nobody really reads. They keep track on the videos you watch so they can recommend their own. This is taking ads to a new level of time waisting crap.
Agent

Re: Thanks for fast reply!

That’s what we like to hear, Ddw1!

Groupie

Best Buy stopped selling unlocked iPhone XS and 8s

Yeah. Theres only one apple store in my state. About 50 miles away. Apparantly now the only store selling fully unlocked iphone xs in store. I dont want to order it online I have trust issues. So now I gotta wait a couple more days... Monday is my day off, plan on hitting the apple store up. Get my phone and head to a boost shop get my sim n service before this limited time thing is done for.