tethering?

Highlighted

tethering?

Hey guys. I got the $50 unlimited single line plan for moto E. When I try to tether to my computer it tells me I may not be subscribed to this function. Anyone know what this means? Its a little ridiculous if I have to pay extra money to use a functional on my phone after paying $50 for "unlimited" data...
6 REPLIES 6

Re: tethering?

After u tether hook laptop to a dead Wi-Fi with no net
Groupie

The "unlimited" data you're talking about is for data access with your phone, not for use of your phone as a hotspot for another device.  So, to use your phone as a hotspot, you need to pay extra for a special data allowance for hotspot usage.  You can find the hotspot add-on optiions on Boost Mobile's website.

Dro

You mean paying for the same data twice?
Dro

Inconceivable.
Enthusiast

You're not paying for the same data twice. The plan for your phone comes with unlimited data but that is for your phone ONLY. If you want to tether, you need to add the hotspot to your phone which will then allow you to not only tether your laptop but any other device as well like an iPad or any other tablet. 

Kraytost
I agree, same situation just happened to me. A couple days ago it was working. It seems as though someway "they" got wind of it and stop it.