ZTE Warp Elite -- must dial any phone number twice

ZTE Warp Elite -- must dial any phone number twice

Hello All:

I am frustrated with my phone. Each and every time I wish to dial a phone number (dialpad, phone link in Chrome, voice dial, bluetooth dial) I must dial each phone number twice.  I have done a factory data reset and placed the phone in Airplane Mode for a half hour and back with no resolution.  I also called ZTE USA support and they said call the carrier or return the phone under warranty.  Any suggestions?

9 REPLIES 9
Accomplice

Re: ZTE Warp Elite -- must dial any phone number twice

I believe the issue is from the last ZTE update. My wife's and my Elite started with this issue after the update.
Hope it's corrected soon
Accomplice

Dial 611 from the phone with the problem and go through the menus until you get to technical support. One may need to borrow another phone to talk you through the troubleshooting steps on the phone with the problem.
Accomplice

Did the tech support call. They agree it is a software update issue from ZTE. They indicated they would be talking with ZTE.
Accomplice

I have comunicated with ZTE and thyey are aware of the connection problems. I just hope they get in corrected soon.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Same problem with the ZTE PRESTIGE!
Accomplice

Did thatphone recently receive ZTE update? The problem with the Wart Elite started after the ZTE update.

What's a "wart elite"?

My new Warp Elite is vibrating 2 times every 5-6 seconds.  2 short vibes.   I've shut everything off (Apps), turned off WiFi, and went into Airplane Mode.   Nothing will stop the vibrating.   I even turned Vibrate to OFF.  

Anyone else?    This started shortly after I did a "systems upgrade".

Thanks.

Chuck

Accomplice

I talked with the right ZTE rep and he got the connect issue resolved for me. Do the following,

1. Power down your phone
  2. Restart the phone by pressing the down volume and the power button at the same time. You may have to do this a second time if you don’t hit both at the same time.
  3. A hidden menu appears.
  4. Use the volume down button to select “wipe cache partition” and press the power button
  5. When the procedure is complete the menu reappears. Select “reboot system now”. Press the power button for the phone to reboot in normal mode.

This corrected our phones connection issues.