ZTE Max XL missing wifi hotspot option

Accomplice

ZTE Max XL missing wifi hotspot option

I have a ZTE Max XL and it was advertised that it comes wifi hotspot capablities but is missing the option for it. What needs to be done in order to make that happen. I have the promo plan with 8 GB wifi but ZTE is saying that Boost needs to enable something and Boost is saying I need to send it back to the manufacturer. I am honestly annoyed, I mean who has time to lose a phone for 10 day!

Rose
12 REPLIES 12
Agent

Re: ZTE Max XL missing wifi hotspot option

Hey there, RoseM63NJ! Sorry to hear that. You can try performing a hard reset on the device to bring it back to factory defaults. You can do so by going to Settings > Backup & Reset  > Factory data reset.

Accomplice

Thanks I've already performed one and still nothing.
Highlighted
Agent

You can also try checking for software updates by going to Settings > Systems Updates, as your device may need an update to enable the option.

Groupie

I just purchased this phone and have the same problem. How do I find the hotspot
Accomplice

So word thing. . . Maybe not IDK but seems so....I went to the Boost store and signed up for the family plan before I left the store the women should my son where to find it in my phone. It was there I saw it pop up...by the time I got home and went to use it...it was gone. I have no clue, wish I could help more. I was told to send it back to ZTE but I honestly can't be without my phone for 10 days.
Agent

Hey there, RoseM63NJ! By default the Wi-Fi Hotspot option will show on the Settings menu. It can also be shown as Wi-Fi tethering.

Accomplice

Right but it's not there to do that. No option for hotspot tethering nothing.. . I'm honestly I'm sorry at this point that I bought the phone. I need it for work and school. It's just really frustrating. Thank you for your help. It's appreciated.
Agent

We understand. In that case you can also try the hard reset, bringing the phone back to factory defaults. It would be just as it was when it was taken out of the box. You can do so by going to Settings > Backup & Reset  > Factory data reset. Keep in mind that this also means that all of the contacts and apps will also be deleted from the phone, and you would need to authenticate the Google account that you have attached to it in order to regain access to the phone.

Accomplice

I'm laughing actually just so you know....I've already done that. : (