ZTE MAX XL SPEAKER PROB

Groupie

ZTE MAX XL SPEAKER PROB

When I make a call or answer a call or talk text nothing happens nobody can hear me. My do not disturb is turned off but if I answer the minus in my notification bar pops up. Plz help
7 REPLIES 7
Agent

Re: ZTE MAX XL SPEAKER PROB

Sorry to read that you’ve been experiencing this issue, @Mistyb0310! When did you purchase that phone? 

Groupie

Last week and it did the same thing already but my friend fixed it so I know it's simple but I don't know how he did and I can't get sold of him
Agent

This seems like a device issue. Did you try dialing ##72786#?

Groupie

I'm having the exact same problem. My do not disturb is off, however, when I make or receive a call it kicks in and no one can hear me. This is very frustrating. I already did the ##72786#, but it's still doing it. I had this issue before and somehow I was able to fix, but I don't know exactly how did it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Agent

Hi, fuzzyangst! We're sorry to know that you're experiencing this issue. We want to help! Have you tried resetting the device?

Groupie

That is what ##72786# does. I honestly prefer not to go through another reset again.
Agent

We recommend you to try to do a hard reset on your phone to fix the issue. Now, keep in mind that by performing a hard reset on your device all the information will be deleted unless you have it back it up with your Google account. Also, if you've set up a Google account on your device you need to remember the email and password in order to access on the device after the hard reset it's performed.

1- Power the handset off. The handset MUST be powered off. 
2- Press and hold the volume down and power buttons. 
3- When the Android reset menu appears, release the buttons. 
4- Press the volume down button to highlight wipe data/factory reset. 
5- Press the power button to select the option. 
6- A confirmation screen appears. 
7- Press the volume down button to highlight Yes – delete all user data. 
8- Press the power button to select the option. 
9- The Android System Recovery menu returns. 
10- The "reboot system now" option will be highlighted. 
11- Press the power button to select the option. 
12- The device will reboot and restart. 

Let us know how that worked out.