Will the LG Stylo 2 get the Nougat 7.0 update?

Go to solution
Groupie

Will the LG Stylo 2 get the Nougat 7.0 update?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Accomplice

Re: Will the LG Stylo 2 get the Nougat 7.0 update?

Android 7.1 Nougat update: LG

LG was one of the first manufacturers to deliver the Marshmallow update, with G4 users in Poland getting it from mid-October 2015. The main push for Europe then came in November 2015, continuing to March 2016 when the G3 received the Marshmallow update.

With this in mind, chances are LG G5 owners will see an Android Nougat update within a couple of months of the final build release, perhaps before 2016 is out. Users with older handsets like the LG G4 may have to wait a few more months but early 2017 is plausible based on this year's update schedule.

The company also launched the LG V20 on 6 September, which is the company's first device running Android 7.0 Nougat and the first device to launch with the new software out of the box. However, with Android 7.1 now in the mix, it's unclear which version will be arriving with LG handset owners.

For LG STYLO 2 there's is no update yet as of the moment since it will same first on the flagship devices of LG. And there's no guarantee that the said LG device were be able to get that update of Android OS.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Accomplice

LG was one of the first manufacturers to deliver the Marshmallow update, with G4 users in Poland getting it from mid-October 2015. The main push for Europe then came in November 2015, continuing to March 2016 when the G3 received the Marshmallow update.

With this in mind, chances are LG G5 owners will see an Android Nougat update within a couple of months of the final build release, perhaps before 2016 is out. Users with older handsets like the LG G4 may have to wait a few more months but early 2017 is plausible based on this year's update schedule.

The company also launched the LG V20 on 6 September, which is the company's first device running Android 7.0 Nougat and the first device to launch with the new software out of the box. However, with Android 7.1 now in the mix, it's unclear which version will be arriving with LG handset owners.

For LG STYLO 2 there's is no update yet as of the moment since it will same first on the flagship devices of LG. And there's no guarantee that the said LG device were be able to get that update of Android OS.

View solution in original post

Groupie

I have two stylo 2 on boost mobile and on 1/13/17 only one of the phones got the upgrade so far. So hopefully the other will get it as well as my other phones on family plan . A Galaxy j3 and prevail LTE.
Accomplice

Yes ....the update is available now
Groupie

Mine isn't updating. Why?

DONT install!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i nstalled the 7.0 update on 2/20/17 and it crashed my phone called lg they just said sorry if you click update plan on buying a new phone

Highlighted
Promoter

The above is the typical fear-mongering. JUST because YOU had an issue, PLEASE do not pretend to advise against the update.

My LG Stylo 2 updated FLAWLESSLY. Any issue was most likely caused by an app installed by user, or a setting causing issues.

Also, always follow the advice. Use Wi-Fi for the update, and DO NOT touch phone until done.

Over time I have had 2 very different devices receive the normal update to a newer Android version. My Lenovo tablet went from 5.0.1 to 6.0 and NO issues. As well as stated my LG Stylo 2 smartphone from 6.0.1 to 7.0 and AGAIN no issues.

So, therefore just ignore a blanket statement of someone saying NO to the update or you will brick your phone, just THEY had an issue.

In fact I have read FAR more success stories than failures.

Thank you.

try install LG bridge on PC then connect the LG Style 2 to PC/Laptop. You may get notification on the update software device.

it worked on my LG Style 2, K520DY. --- Aditya, Indonesia

askme30 wrote: