Warranty?

Highlighted
Accomplice

Warranty?

I'm super upset right now. I purchased a LG Stylo 2 about two weeks ago from boost mobile online. 2 days after having the phone, it stopped powering on &I had a flashing red light. I took it a o local store, guy took it and plugged it into something and got it to work but never told me what was wrong or why it happened.

at this point I'm just happy he fixed my phone. Until yesterday morning. Woke up..same thing..won't power on & flashing red light. I call boost & they say, "Sorry..nothing we can do, it's a device issue so we will transfer you to LG".  WHAT? Then I talk about o LG they tell me that I have to mail the device to them and it will take 7-10 business days to fix. I said, "Wait..let me get this straight. I've had a phone that I paid $150 for TWO WEEKS ago & you are telling me that I have to be inconvenienced and out a phone for this long?" (I wouldn't be this angry if I had this phone for a few months. But it's been nothing but problems) 

I will try not to bore you with details but I've called boost and lg two more times and been told the same thing. My question is this...why will boost not switch my phone for one that isn't defective? I JUST got it! Had I known any of this prior to purchase, there wouldn't have been a purchase. Any advice is welcomed.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Hello @1Jaxsgirl and thanks for have taken the time to report this issue.

I would be as upset as you if I were in your shoes. It's truly disappointing when you buy a brand new device and you then start to have nothing but problems. I know how you feel and I want to help you.

I would like to know if you have tried replacing the phone's battery as it looks like the root-cause of this situation has to do with that item. I'll be waiting for your reply!

- Robert.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Thank you for your reply, Robert...I took the battery out for a few minutes and put it back in. That didn't work. Or are you saying that I need to purchase a replacement battery?

Highlighted
Accomplice

Robert, 

I answered your question but you never replied. I'm still having the same issue and can get no one to help me! I have had this issue happen 3 times in two weeks...when I've only had the phone for two weeks! I'm disabled. Having an operative phone that works is paramount to my survival! I'm not being dramatic it has been a matter of life and death! 

I'm so sick and in pain & stressed.

the first time the phone stopped working was on day 2! My phone should have been replaced. I don't know what to do. I'm desperate here. I've called Boost, I've called LG, posted to this community and have received no help! I can't go to a new cell company with a phone that doesn't work. I barely was able to purchase this.

Please HELP me! Please.

Highlighted

Hello @1Jaxsgirl!

Please accept my sincere apologies for the long delay in my reply. Concerning the question about the battery, I did mean that you need to replace the phone's battery as it looks like that's where the main issue lies.

But taking into consideration your current health condition and the hard time you've been dealing with for days, I would like to check if there's something else that I can do for you. Could you please send me a private message with your mobile number and PIN code?

I can't make you any promises, but I'll do my best to help you. I'll be waiting for your answer!

- Robert.

Highlighted

HI IM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM WITH A PHONE I PURHASED TO MY WIFE AS BDAY GIFT

Highlighted
Promoter

sdadly happened to me i have send the phone and have spare phone