Unlocked sprint samsung galaxy s5 m/n sm-g900r7 switched to boost mobile?

Unlocked sprint samsung galaxy s5 m/n sm-g900r7 switched to boost mobile?

I recently purchased a Sprint Samsung Galaxy S5 unlocked and I would like to see if I can activate it with Boost Mobile service if it's possible
2 REPLIES 2
Guru

Re: Unlocked sprint samsung galaxy s5 m/n sm-g900r7 switched to boost mobile?

Hi @JMerguc78,

Thanks for including your exact model number!  

The offical Boost Answer will be no.  Boost will not support activating any device that is not a Boost Branded phone or a Sprint phone that is on the list here; https://www.boostmobile.com/support/faq/phones-devices/activate-a-sprint-phone/

Model SM-900P for the Sprint s5.

What a peculiar device the sm-g900r7 is! Apparently this model # was sold by some small time CDMA carriers like C Spire and nTelos, possibly others.  The device is only listed at the Samsung site support page and does not have the specs.  Usually I can do a quick interweb search to find out the GSM, CDMA, and LTE bands that a phone device has support for.  This is not so for the sm-900r7.  Some sites say this is a GSM device and others say CDMA.  Well, it is a CDMA device.  Does it have GSM support, I dunno.  What LTE bands are supported? Again, interweb listings are conflicting.  You need to ask Samsung.  Phone companies just dont have info on other companies devices.

If you want a phone to work on Boost it MUST support both CDMA listed and at least LTE 25 that Sprints towers that run on;

CDMA 800 MHz ESMR BC10
CDMA 1900 MHz PCS BC1
LTE bands 25, 26, & 41

Do reply if more question.

Let us know if you find out from Samsung what bands the sm-900r7 actually supports.

Yours,
-J
Check my badges!
If I have answered your question, please be sure to click the Accepted Solution_B.GIF button at the bottom of my Reply, so others can quickly find the answer they are looking for!

Highlighted
Accomplice

Re: Unlocked sprint samsung galaxy s5 m/n sm-g900r7 switched to boost mobile?

There shouldn't be a problem since it's already unlocked and its a Sprint phone, which is who owns Boost. I would just try to activate it online when you are ready to make your first payment.