Unlocked s9 sim card

Highlighted
Accomplice

Unlocked s9 sim card

Hello, I have a question, now that most of us who received our unlocked devices are looking to activate the phone with Boost. When checking the bring my own device on boost's website you will get a screen saying that the sim card compatible with the phone is: "SIMOLW506TQ" I called my nearest boost store to see if they had the sim card for the unlocked device and in fact they told me that they have had an acrivation kit for the s9 with that same number model as in the website and that I would also be able to activate other devices with it (they have had it for some time now). Now my question is, I was told before that the sim card compatible with the unlocked versions would be a new model altogether; I also read on the internet that there was indeed a problem with sim cards not being compatible with the unlocked versions for other carriers. So, will this sim card "SIMOLW506TQ" work with the unlocked version of the s9?
Looking forward to finally swap devices.
See more topics labeled with:
16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Accomplice

MY HUSBAND WAS ABLE TO FIND A SIMCARD AT A LOCAL STORE, I WAS ABLE TO ACTIVATE MY PHONE AFTER A FEW ATTEMPTS. 

GOOD LUCK! (I BOUGHT THE S9+ / UNLOCKED FROM SAMSUNG)

Highlighted
Accomplice

That's awesome 😄 Thank you very much for the insight. Enioy your new device
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Thanks.  looks like to try a Sprint sim card

Highlighted
Accomplice

I am having the same problem with my sim card.

Highlighted

What did you have to do to activate your unlock S9 phone. Currently having issues swapping.
Highlighted
Agent

Sorry to hear that, @Nessa246. Let’s check this thing out. To further research, we'll need to access your account. Please, send us a private message with your phone number, PIN, IMEI and ICCID (SIM card numbers).

To send a private message just click on the picture of any Boost Mobile agent and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message".

Highlighted

This will work ! I just activated my samsung unlocked galaxy s9 plus midnight black phone on boost mobile. I bought this phone with the deal that they had at samsung's website and bought the exact same SIM card as mentioned, SIMOLW506TQ, which they should have at your typical Best Buy or Amazon, or Boost mobile store. I just swapped my galaxy s6 for the galaxy s9 plus. Hope this helps !