Unlocked s9 sim card

Accomplice

Unlocked s9 sim card

Hello, I have a question, now that most of us who received our unlocked devices are looking to activate the phone with Boost. When checking the bring my own device on boost's website you will get a screen saying that the sim card compatible with the phone is: "SIMOLW506TQ" I called my nearest boost store to see if they had the sim card for the unlocked device and in fact they told me that they have had an acrivation kit for the s9 with that same number model as in the website and that I would also be able to activate other devices with it (they have had it for some time now). Now my question is, I was told before that the sim card compatible with the unlocked versions would be a new model altogether; I also read on the internet that there was indeed a problem with sim cards not being compatible with the unlocked versions for other carriers. So, will this sim card "SIMOLW506TQ" work with the unlocked version of the s9?
Looking forward to finally swap devices.
See more topics labeled with:
16 REPLIES 16
Accomplice

Re: Unlocked s9 sim card

I JUST TRIED THAT SIMCARD MODEL AND IT DIDN'T WORK! 

I'M SO UPSET RIGHT NOW, I CALLED BOOST'S CUSTOMER CARE AND THEY DON'T HAVE THE SIMCARD NOR DO THEY KNOW WHEN WILL IT BE AVAILABLE

Community Manager

A small number of Sprint devices ordered from Samsung were delivered with a Verizon SIM to customers yesterday.  Samsung is sending the correct SIM overnight to those customers.  No Boost devices were affected. 

I've checked with Boost agents and they should be able to process an order for a compatible SIM.  You may also be able to purchase a 3 in 1 SIM on the web by going to the Bring Your Phone page.  SIM cards may also be available at Target, BestBuy or Walmart locations.  You may want to call ahead to check. with the specific location before going.

Aneilka, I'd like an agent to take a look and see if we can figure out why your device isn't activating.

Community Manager

Captain of the Pirate Ship the Vicious Cream Puff

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos or marking it the Accepted Solution.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Oh no, please let me know if you were able to activate it please. Of if customer support was able to help you with it.
Agent

Hi there, @Anielka91! Thank you for bringing this to our attention. How about we take a closer look at this? Please send us a PM with your phone number, PIN, DEC and UICC ID of the SIM card. 

Accomplice

I JUST TRIED AND IT DID WORK! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!

Accomplice

Is everything working correctly? Such as data mms voice text and all of that.
Enthusiast

I just called and the customer service rep said no sim cards available.  Did someone get one?

Accomplice

Look at the other "s9 FAQ" THREAD on the community, you will see some steps taken by one member to have the phone activated

Accomplice

YES! EVERYTHING WORKS PERFECTLY!