Unlocked Samsung Galaxy J7

Highlighted

Unlocked Samsung Galaxy J7

I bought the J7 phone from Rent a Center, and its supposed to be unlocked for any carriern I'm already a boost customer, and i tried to swap devices online by entering the IMEI # and it will not accept it. Is there something i have to do besides this to activate this phone and get it working?
27 REPLIES 27
Guru

Re: Unlocked Samsung Galaxy J7 - but what one?

Hi,

Not all J7 devices are created equal.  Some have only GSM capability some have CDMA capability, some have both.

What is the EXTACT model number of your J7?   (examples SM-  J710F, J710FN , J710M, J710H, J7008, J700H, J700T, J700P, J700V, etc etc)

I can tell you what bands it supports.

Yours,
-J
Check my badges!

Accomplice

I bought mine thru Fingerhut and it is supposed to be for Boost Mobile. I get this message when trying to activate: Exception thrown by EAI backend, can not check activation status.   I have no idea what this means. It will not let me use my old t-mobile phone number either. I have 2 activation request numbers now: one for old number and one for requesting a new number. Neither can be accessed when looking up status of request. This model is a SM-J700P. Why can't I activate it? SIM # matches to MEID when entered.  What's up?

Community Manager

@Cricket if you still need help, we can have a Boost Social Care agent check in on you.  @Hamilton, are you available?

Community Manager

Captain of the Pirate Ship the Vicious Cream Puff

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos or marking it the Accepted Solution.

Agent

Hello @Cricket.

A private message has been sent to further assist you.
Accomplice

Yes, still need help. Finally got the phone number moved over to my new Boost account from tmobile. Now I can't remember the dot pattern for the secure unlock. How do I reset or retrieve in order to even use my phone? Samsung Galaxy J7 4G LTE white, in a Boost Mobile black and orange box. SM-J700P UD.

Community Manager

Cricket wrote:

Yes, still need help. Finally got the phone number moved over to my new Boost account from tmobile. Now I can't remember the dot pattern for the secure unlock. How do I reset or retrieve in order to even use my phone? Samsung Galaxy J7 4G LTE white, in a Boost Mobile black and orange box. SM-J700P UD.

If you cannot remember your screen lock, you may be able to use Android Device manager to unlock it.  I'd never done this before but tried it out a few moments ago.  Go to https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager , find your device out of the list of those you've previously used with this Google acct and click 'enable lock and erase.'  Follow the directions to lock your phone, set a temporary password and then use that to unlock the device. 

Let us know if that helped!

Community Manager

Captain of the Pirate Ship the Vicious Cream Puff

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos or marking it the Accepted Solution.

Re: Unlocked Samsung Galaxy J7

I bought a Boost Mobile - Samsung Galaxy J7(2016) 4G LTE unlocked prepaid phone a year back(ModelRobot FrustratedPHJ700ABB)

It is not working with any other SIM than the one which came with the mobile. It shows Invalid SIM when anyother carrier SIM is inserted. How do I resolve this problem

Agent

Hello @karthick Did you purchase the device from the store or a Boost Mobile store?

~ Joy

~ Joy P.
Groupie

Need to get unlock code for my Samsung J7, am not having any luck