Transferring contacts from old phone to new Boost phone

Go to solution

Transferring contacts from old phone to new Boost phone

Hi, I had a Samsung Galaxy 7 and it broke so I switched to a Boost Mobile phone yesterday. I am trying to transfer my contacts, info, etc. into my new phone and don't know how to do it. I am not tech savvy at all.

The guy at the store told me to plug in my old phone to my computer and download the info then plug my new phone into the computer to transfer. I did that but there was no file marked contacts, etc. I need help and have called the Boost help number but am told the call won't go through.

Thanks! Robot Happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accomplice

Re: Transferring contacts from old phone to new Boost phone

Sign into your new phone with the same gmail account as u used previously on the old device. Your contacts should reload themselves. If not, u will need to go back to your old phone and connect via Wifi. (You can try out your hotspot on the new device for that wifi connection.) You will then go to your SETTINGS menu. Scroll down to and click on ACCOUNTS. Then, click on GOOGLE. Then, click on your GMAIL ADDRESS that your contacts have been saved under. And finally on that next screen, Scroll down to CONTACTS and make sure it is enabled to SYNC. Click on upper right-hand corner and click sync now.
When that has finished syncing, go to your new phone and sync that same account. Your contacts should then be on your new device. It may take a few minutes. If still doesnt show, then restart your new device by powering off and back on.
Hope this helps. Their are other ways of course. Just wanted it to be smoother for you on your future upgrades. Always Try to steer clear of unnecessary apps like the ones to sync contacts. Those just eat up your storage space, run down your battery, and eventually slows down your phone. Many apps will still run in background even aftr they have been uninstalled!
Routinely make sure contacts are syncing to your gmail account. This will ensure access even if you lose your phone. You can always check your google account activity by web also. You can sync every pic to google photos or google drive. I use google drive for documents and pics. You just sync them like u did contacts, except make sure those are checked or enabled in your gmail account as well. Also Check the settings on them if you download these apps.
Good luck!
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Accomplice

Sign into your new phone with the same gmail account as u used previously on the old device. Your contacts should reload themselves. If not, u will need to go back to your old phone and connect via Wifi. (You can try out your hotspot on the new device for that wifi connection.) You will then go to your SETTINGS menu. Scroll down to and click on ACCOUNTS. Then, click on GOOGLE. Then, click on your GMAIL ADDRESS that your contacts have been saved under. And finally on that next screen, Scroll down to CONTACTS and make sure it is enabled to SYNC. Click on upper right-hand corner and click sync now.
When that has finished syncing, go to your new phone and sync that same account. Your contacts should then be on your new device. It may take a few minutes. If still doesnt show, then restart your new device by powering off and back on.
Hope this helps. Their are other ways of course. Just wanted it to be smoother for you on your future upgrades. Always Try to steer clear of unnecessary apps like the ones to sync contacts. Those just eat up your storage space, run down your battery, and eventually slows down your phone. Many apps will still run in background even aftr they have been uninstalled!
Routinely make sure contacts are syncing to your gmail account. This will ensure access even if you lose your phone. You can always check your google account activity by web also. You can sync every pic to google photos or google drive. I use google drive for documents and pics. You just sync them like u did contacts, except make sure those are checked or enabled in your gmail account as well. Also Check the settings on them if you download these apps.
Good luck!
Groupie

Thanks! Good information on uninstalled apps.
Groupie

[]Re: Transferring contacts from old phone to new Boost phone

Coolmuster Mobile Transfer is an intelligent software. It can help you transfer data from phone to phone. Of course, it can also help you transfer data from android to iPhone.

Accomplice

Actually, it's easy to transferring contacts from old phone to new Boost phone. There are two ways we can use. One is Google account, the other is mobile phone transfer program.