Swap a SIM from my broken LG Tribute to an LG Tribute that I buy off of Craigslist.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Swap a SIM from my broken LG Tribute to an LG Tribute that I buy off of Craigslist.

I think I know the answer but can I just swap my SIM from my broken-screen LG Tribute to an LG Tribute that I buy off of Craigslist?

I think the phone that I buy (even tho it is an lg Tribute on the Boost Mobile network) from Craigslist must be unlocked, right? Then and only then will be phone be able to use the SIM card?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Agent

Re: Swap a SIM from my broken LG Tribute to an LG Tribute that I buy off of Craigslist.

Hi, there! If your new LG Tribute is compatible with Boost, you’ll be able to use the same SIM card you've had on the old phone. Keep in mind that you also need to swap the MEID/DEC numbers on your account, internally. You can do that online, by logging in your account: https://myaccount.boostmobile.com/?INTNAV=TopNav:MyAccount.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Re: Swap a SIM from my broken LG Tribute to an LG Tribute that I buy off of Craigslist.

I'm just a little concerned with this answer because under the Swap section in My Account, there is not an option to actually change the SIM's code. See my pix. I think that your policy has changed on that? Is there some other place that I would go to?

Highlighted
Agent

You don't need to change the SIM card number, since you're keeping the old one, right? In any case, you may send us a private message with your phone number, security pin and MEID DEC number on your new device. Just in case, send us the SIM ID also. We'll be glad to assist you with the phone swap. -Edwin R.

Accomplice

So, I did buy a new lg tribute HD and I'm about to activate it and swap it into my BM plan but just until I can buy the one from Craigslist. Is there a limit on how many times you can swap your device?

You've been very helpful

Thanks,

Mary

Highlighted
Agent

There's no limit to how many times you can swap a device on your Boost Mobile account. We're here to help.

EdwinRG.