Swap LG tribute for LG Stylo

Go to solution
Groupie

Swap LG tribute for LG Stylo

I bought LG Stylo from my girlfriends cousin and it didn't have the SIM card in it can I use my SIM card from my LG tribute or do I have to order a new SIM card
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Swap LG tribute for LG Stylo

Hi there!

You need to order a new SIM card because even though they are from the same manufacturer, each SIM needs to be compatible with the MEID from its device.

To further work this out, I would need you to please give me the permission to send you a private message so then I will ask you for the details I need to create a replacement SIM card case for you.

Looking forward to your reply back!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Guru

Hi Fatman.
You mean the LG G Stylo model LS770, sure can. When you use the website and enter the ESN of the device your switching too, the next part says hey, this IMEI has been previously associated with this device, do you want to use it or do you have a different SIM card IMEI number? Choose a different one and enter the # on your SIM card.

Do note the LG G Stylo models with a letter H, like the H636, H636, etc wont work with Boost.

Yours,
-J

Hi there!

You need to order a new SIM card because even though they are from the same manufacturer, each SIM needs to be compatible with the MEID from its device.

To further work this out, I would need you to please give me the permission to send you a private message so then I will ask you for the details I need to create a replacement SIM card case for you.

Looking forward to your reply back!

View solution in original post

Accomplice

Where exactly do you enter the ESN? Is this in the Swap Phone section of the website? I've entered the new IMEI and the website won't allow me to change it. i'm swapping a LG Tribute 5 SIM into a LG Tribute HD. I know I should just active the new SIM card and move on that way but I just wanted to try and see what would happen.

Thanks,

Mary

Pgh, PA

Accomplice

Where exactly do you enter the ESN? Is this in the Swap Phone section of the website? I've entered the new IMEI and the website won't allow me to change it. i'm swapping a LG Tribute 5 SIM into a LG Tribute HD. I know I should just active the new SIM card and move on that way but I just wanted to try and see what would happen.

Thanks,

Mary

Pgh, PA

Highlighted
Agent

Hello, HyperMom. You'll not be able to get service with the old SIM card. If the new phone did not come with one, we'll need to send one compatible. Please send me a Private Message with:

- Phone number.

- PIN

- ESN, IMEI or MEID.

- Address.