Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

Straight Talk phone to boost account. . .is it possible?

Highlighted

Straight Talk phone to boost account. . .is it possible?

I just purchased a new phone from StraightTalk because my current Boost phone ( Galaxy S3) has given me problems for some time now its time for an upgrade. My question is can I keep my Boost acct and switch it to my new straighttalk phone ( Galaxy S5)  or do I have to cancel my acct and switch to straighttalk to use my new phone? I don't mind making the switch if I have too, I thought I would try to remain a loyal Boost member.

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Straight Talk phone to boost account. . .is it possible?

Hello awomen06 :

Boost mobile is having a promotion that started maybe about a month ago called "Bring your own device".

They are taking phones from T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T and like always from Sprint but is not every type of phone just certain ones. You can find this out by callng boost mobile customer care and providing the IMEI to the device you want to check.

But, unfortunately straight talk is not one of them and the S5 will not work for boost mobile 

sorry to give you bad news but hope i answered your question.

If i answered your question please mark as solved have a beautiful day 🙂

Ladyequinoxx
Customer Service Rep
Wireless Ally
If I have answered your question, please be sure to mark as Accepted Solution or give it a Kudos if you like the response 🙂
Thank you - god bless
Highlighted
Groupie

Will the S6 from Verizon work on Boost
Highlighted

You might have issues moving to another service, what people don't know is once in boost it's like the mob you have to have service for a year on the phone you activated before they will unlock the phone to use on another system. straigjt talk is T-Mobile backed so it's a GSM service. Boost is not it's lte cdma. Notice once on phone talking you cant surf net too? Boost is not set like the rest it's not a dule band system. So if you had your phone with boost service on taht device your contract isn't up untill that year has completed. yes i know no contract but thats how they lock you to stay its very deviouse i know.

To use phone form other sources of services........
to use a phone on boost yes you should beable to based on same type of phone they have, all they will do is use the emid-dec number to make it active, but if you have a UICC unlock, call straight talk to unlock it.