Sprint Galaxy phone to Boost plan options?

Go to solution

Sprint Galaxy phone to Boost plan options?

I found a phone on Ebay that say it's a boost galaxy note 4. In the description it says nothing about sprint. The carrier in the specs description says Boost. Will it for sure work with boost when I take it to get activated, and since I'm already an existing boost customer will I be charged a fee do have it done? Thank you!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Sprint Galaxy phone to Boost plan options?

Greetings @Heatheralycia.  I wish I could guarantee you that the device will for 100% work on Boost.  Unfortunately, there are a ton of factors that mean that phone may be good to go, but it may not. 

Before you buy  _any_  pre-owned device, you should always check that the seller is reputable and that there is some sort of accountability system in place if you get a bad phone.  I would avoid eBay and Craig's List (just to name a few) for this very reason.  It's entirely too easy to get a 'bricked' phone when there's literally no way to get your money back from the seller.

To save yourself a little time and money, before you go to a dealer location you can try activating the new phone yourself first by going here:  Activate Your Device.

To answer your question about dealers: Boost Dealer locations are all independently owned and operated.  Each dealer has the option to charge up to $25 for upgrades and activations, so it will largely depend on where you go and who you talk to,  I'd ask before starting the process and maybe find a different location if you're not happy with the answer.  

Community Manager

Captain of the Pirate Ship the Vicious Cream Puff

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos or marking it the Accepted Solution.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager

Greetings @Heatheralycia.  I wish I could guarantee you that the device will for 100% work on Boost.  Unfortunately, there are a ton of factors that mean that phone may be good to go, but it may not. 

Before you buy  _any_  pre-owned device, you should always check that the seller is reputable and that there is some sort of accountability system in place if you get a bad phone.  I would avoid eBay and Craig's List (just to name a few) for this very reason.  It's entirely too easy to get a 'bricked' phone when there's literally no way to get your money back from the seller.

To save yourself a little time and money, before you go to a dealer location you can try activating the new phone yourself first by going here:  Activate Your Device.

To answer your question about dealers: Boost Dealer locations are all independently owned and operated.  Each dealer has the option to charge up to $25 for upgrades and activations, so it will largely depend on where you go and who you talk to,  I'd ask before starting the process and maybe find a different location if you're not happy with the answer.  

Community Manager

Captain of the Pirate Ship the Vicious Cream Puff

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos or marking it the Accepted Solution.

Highlighted
Groupie

Thanks for the solution and yes it is very helpful. I think I will stick with my rep Destry Kalamazoo Michigan