Samsung S5 Active

Samsung S5 Active

I am considering picking up a S5 Active that is unlocked and without the sim card. I currently have the Kyocera Hydro for several years and time to update it but boost does not have a decent waterproof phone. Can this be done?

7 REPLIES 7
Accomplice

Re: Samsung S5 Active

A phone being "unlocked" means that its unlocked for GSM networks, which boost runs on CDMA. we can only use boost mobile phones, and some re-sku-able sprint devices

I have a hydro and am also trying to switch to a Sprint S5. I keep getting sent around from best buy,sprint, radioshack, and boost mobile store /customer service one to the other saying that the other other would have ia new sims card They already said i could switch i would just need to buy a new sims. Anyone know where to get the sims cards?
Accomplice

Contact Boost Mobile Customer Service for a replacement Sim card. 

Groupie

Go to net 10. They take both CDMA phones and GSM phones, awesome customer service, fantastic plans. A package that contains both sim cards cost 1.95 , you call them and you are hooked up. Look at all these posts. Millions of views rarely an answer. Obviously boost cares little about there customers to not respond on this site. Someone from corporate should be monitoring this site. Shame on boost for taking ppls hard earned money.
Highlighted
Groupie

Go to net 10. They take both CDMA phones and GSM phones, awesome customer service, fantastic plans. A package that contains both sim cards cost 1.95 , you call them and you are hooked up. Look at all these posts. Millions of views rarely an answer. Obviously boost cares little about there customers to not respond on this site. Someone from corporate should be monitoring this site. Shame on boost for taking ppls hard earned money.
Community Manager

This is a peer to peer community, anyone can ask and answer questions, Boost employees are on this forum to help, but they do not respond to every question, however you need to escalate you can always send a PM to any of our employees, you can identify them by their employee badge.  

Boost_Employee_Badge_Icon.pngBoost Employee!

Or you can contact our Social Care team on Facebook Messenger just click the icon! 

Virgin Messenger

A11ey
Crusader of Customer Advocacy

I encourage you to post your questions on the community!

Accomplice

Net 10 is not a carrier, they do not have their own network, they use Verizon & AT&T, so you get what you pay for.  Boost is Sprint network and Sprint owned.