Samsung Galaxy J7 UICC unlock

Highlighted

Samsung Galaxy J7 UICC unlock

Hi, I have a samsung galaxy J7 and I want to do a UICC unlock so that I can use different carrier SIM card. When I called the helpdesk they did helped with the code, but when I try to do UICC unlock it gives me message, You can currently only use your service provider UICC with this device. To use a different UICC, contact service provder. Kindly help

See more topics labeled with:
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Agent

Re: Samsung Galaxy J7 UICC unlock

@pranaynayyar

We've answer your question in private. We'll wait for your response.

~ Joy

~ Joy P.
Highlighted

Hello, I am having the same problem. How do I enter my MSL code to unlock the phone?

Thank you

Highlighted
Agent

Hello @whereuat. We are not able to unlock and reflash the phone for compatibility with another carrier. Only to provide the code for another carrier to do so.

Highlighted

HOW DO I GET THE CODE?

Agent

Hi. If you are referring to unlocking your device. To unlock your device you would need to meet with some requirements. The person requesting the device to be unlock, must be a current or former customer or an individual owner who can provide the phone number and pin code for the account last associated with the device.
The device has not been reported as lost or stolen. The device has been activated at least 12 months and a payment was been made within the last 90 days of that 12-month activation. Victor21

Highlighted
Groupie

Hello, I have a Galaxy S7 phone I bought because a Customer care rep from boost said it was not lost/stolen, didn't have a balance owed on it, and that it was compatible with all carriers and to go ahead and buy the phone. SO I bought the phone, called customer care back up later and asked for an unlock code and was given the MSL number ( It took me days to figure out that that was what I had been given and NOT the SIM unlock code) with no instruction as to what to do with it other than, "Give this unlock code to the carrier that you want to  with and they will unlock it for you." This was an absolute, outright, no questions asked LIE!

So far as I can tell from all the customer service reps I have talked to there are NO "other carriers" who do any flashing or unlocking of any device for any other carrier. Everyone else I have spoken too from T-Mobile, Metro, Cricket, AT&T,  Verison, and even Samsung all say they don't "flash" or unlock any devices for customers and that the is in fact a LAW passed by the FCC dictating that every carrier provide unlocking capabilities for devices sold by them. Perhaps they do flashing for trade-ins but that's a service not available to the public. Also. EVERY other carrier besides Sprint (which owns Boost) has a fairly painless process and don't hand out MSL codes while calling them SIM Unlock codes or lie to customers who call for information. all of them have a complete process for in-house SIM unlocking. I'm not even a customer for most of them but was able to get a detailed step by step walk-through of the SIM unlocking process from start to finish. Why all the secrecy, vague/incomplete answers, and outright lies? Does Sprint Corporate REALLY think making it impossible to unlock devices is going to do anything other piss off everyone involved and build a massive following of hate? I will be grinding this phone up if I am not able to unlock it somehow. I'm really upset that I got the go ahead to buy it in the first place. Was the plan to lie and hope I would switch to boost? What kind of fantasy land do you people live in? Either I am getting this phone unlocked for free