Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

Samsung Galaxy J7 Microphone does not work anymore

Highlighted
Groupie

Samsung Galaxy J7 Microphone does not work anymore

I've been unable to talk on my phone for 3 days now. The microphone has stopped working. I've restarted my phone, shut down and turned back on, and even tried speaker phone, but the other caller cannot hear me. The only way I've found that I can call someone and communicate, is over Bluetooth device, like in my car. Talk about inconvenient! Is there a way to reset just the microphone? Or has it died completely??
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Agent

Re: Samsung Galaxy J7 Microphone does not work anymore

Hi, Ninababy2003. We want to thank you for joining our Boost Mobile Community and are glad to assist you today. We recommend posting additional information about your device. This would include your model number, current android version, if your device has experienced any physical impact, and has there been any physical or liquid damage.

Additionally, we recommend placing your device in safe mode to ensure that no third party apps are leading to this. For this, you would have to power down your device and upon start-up as soon as your screen lights up you will release the power button, then press and hold the volume down key until the device completely boots up to the home screen. If you have completed this successfully, you will see a small icon in the bottom left of your device stating the device is in Safe mode. This mode will simply disable all 3rd party apps on start-up and will not delete any information from your device. If at any time you would like to remove your device from safe mode. Simply power down and start your device normally. You may keep your device in safe mode for about 2-3 hours or longer to test this and better isolate this. 

Highlighted
Groupie

John, Thank you for the reply. Model Number: SM-J700P Android Version 7.1.1 No physical or liquid damage I have put my phone in safe mode and we're still unable to hear my side of the phone call.
Highlighted

@Ninababy2003 So sorry to hear this. Have you tried to contact the manufacturer for assistance on this matter? For how long have you had this device? 

- E.J.

Highlighted
Groupie

I've had it for just over 1 year... ironic, isn't it? These phones are too expensive to have to replace annually! Yes, I have insurance and I still have to pay more to use it... And if I file a claim now, I'll probably be unable to get coverage because the phone I had before was 4+ years old and the battery just wouldn't keep a charge and the software was out of date so apps weren't working properly or were completely incompatible, so that's why I filed a claim at that time... so, basically I paid $386 over the course of 4 years, if you combine the total insurance cost and the added $50 deductible, in order to get this POS that won't work after 12 months....
Highlighted
Agent

We're sorry you feel that way. Unfortunately, since this is a technical issue we're unable to fix the problem. Please contact the insurance company at 844-534-3099 between the hours of 6:00 am CT and 11:00PM CT.