Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

S8 has gone down again

Highlighted
Accomplice

S8 has gone down again

This probably isnt the right place for billing questions but,I need answers. This is the third time im having issues with my Samsung Galaxy S8,and quite frankly ive had enough. Im currently paying off this phone but the constant boot loops and not being able to enter recovery mode to fix it has become my last straw. I want to purchase a new phone but i dont want to keep making payment on this one any longer. Am i allowed to return it to boost mobile and stop the payments? Or does it go back to samsung,or am i just stuck paying an extra $34 a month for a phone Ill no longer have? 

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Agent

Re: S8 has gone down again

Hello BrandonT89. Sorry to hear about your phone. Definitely want to look into this for you. The only way to stop the payments for Boost up would be to pay the remaining amount in full. A return can only be made if it hasn't been more than 7 days from the date when you placed the order. We can also help with troubleshooting. Can you tell us more about the issue? 

Highlighted
Accomplice

Ive tried all the trouble shooting that is listed. Im pretty sure that the only way to fix it is to have a stock os flashed to it. I dont have the time nor do I want to send it back to Samsung's HQ in Texas. And the majority of their care centers are very far away from me. The issue I had was it had a security update.You know something small and shouldnt be a big deal. Phone battery was at 70% so i figured it should be okay. It starts and says android is updating...then it just powered off. Comes on and it goes to the install screen and says error. After that its been in a loop of going to the Galaxy s8 screen then back off. Tried entering safe mode,doesnt work.Tried entering recovery mode and it just tries to do the update and errors out again. Tried letting the battery die out and once it did and i put it on the charger it went back into the loop without me even pressing the power button. the only mode i can get it into is download mode and thats no help at all.

Highlighted
Agent

Understood. Unfortunately If its pass the 7 days return period, the phone could not be return. The phone does have a 1 year warranty with the manufacturer. Have you tried a hard reset? Victor21

Highlighted
Accomplice

Hard reset didn't work either sadly.

Highlighted
Agent

Thank you. Are you able to get to the application manager? Are you receiving an error code? Victor21

Highlighted
Accomplice

I wish I could attach a video of how its looping,but no I cant 

Highlighted
Agent

Understood. In this case you would need to contact the warranty. 888-987-4357.