Pre-Owned Galaxy S8 Arrived LOCKED

Highlighted
Accomplice

Pre-Owned Galaxy S8 Arrived LOCKED

I ordered a pre-owned S8 from the boost mobile online store and it arrived locked. Everytime I try to do a factory reset, it just goes back to being locked.
13 REPLIES 13
Agent

Re: Pre-Owned Galaxy S8 Arrived LOCKED

Oh no! Really sorry about the trouble, @aamejia98. Is it asking you for a PUK code, or an email address? Please send us a DM so we can chat further.

Accomplice

How do I send a DM? When it powers on it just says to "enter password" and won't let me do anything else. This is the second pre-owned phone I have purchased after returning the first one that was also locked.
Agent

To send a private message just click on the picture of any user and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message". 

Agent

Please insert the Boost Mobile SIM card, and let us know if it asks you a PUK code.

Accomplice

It is asking for password. It says that it has at least 4 characters with one being a letter
Agent

Thank you. Please follow the steps below:

1.Start with the phone turned off.
2.Now, hold the Volume up, Bixby and Power buttons at the same time.
3.Keep all three buttons held down until you see the Samsung logo.
4.Wait about 30 seconds and you should be taken to the 'Android Recovery Menu'. If your phone starts up as normal, you'll need to go back to step one and try again.
5.Press the Volume down button four times to highlight the wipe data/factory reset option.
6.Use the Power button to select it.
7.Now press the the Volume down button seven times until Yes - delete all user data is highlighted.
8.Use the Power button to start the wipe.
9.Wait a minute while the reset is carried out.
10.Once it has finished, press the Power button to select reboot system now.

Accomplice

I have tried to factory reset it, but after a few seconds on the normal activation screen it says "device locked" and takes me back to the lock screen where it asks for a password.
Agent

Thanks for waiting. We've created an RMA (RMA number 13149473) on your behalf, so you can return the device. Here are some details: 
- Your return order number is 
- You must write the Order Number on the side of the box or envelope 
- Return in the original packaging. 
- A credit is given within 7-14 business days from the date we received the device and if it meets return policy requirements. 
- Credit card purchases are refunded to the same card of purchase, as applicable. 

Return address: 
Ingram
2675 Reeves Rd., Suite 190
Plainfield, IN 46168

Once you get the return tracking number, please send it to us.

Agent

We remain at your service. If you have any question, just let us know.