Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

Phone compatibility and how to return a phone ordered online from boost.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Phone compatibility and how to return a phone ordered online from boost.

I am a long time acct holder with a paygo account and a basic Kyocera Coast flip phone. I prefer to paygo as I don’t need data don’t come anywhere near $35(your cheapest plan )
Recently my flip phone just refused to turn on despite a new battery so I ordered and received the only flip phone you had. (Alcatel Go Flip) Now I find it’s not compatible with my grandfathered acct so I need to return it. How do I do this?
Also - I was told by your phone rep that the only compatible phone for my paygo account is the same Kyocera Coast (except strangely if I pay $35 a month for a plan any phone will be compatible with my number and I can finally get my voicemail.-You see how this looks ?)
But ithe Kyocera Coast seems to be discontinued and no longer available anywhere. Does this mean you have NO phone compatible with my acct?
I want to keep my number and the paygo acct I was talked into getting A’s it suits my needs (phone and texts only) any suggestions ?
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Agent

Re: Phone compatibility and how to return a phone ordered online from boost.

Hi there, Mattcais! Grandfathered plans can be kept as long as the device is not changed, or if the new device is compatible with it. In this case since the flip phone that you bought is also not compatible it would mean that none of our currently available devices would be compatible with your plan, and you would have to change it. If you still want to return the device (and it hasn't been more than 7 days from the day when you processed the order), please send us a private message so we may work directly with you.

You can send a private message by clicking on my name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.