Nougat broke hot spot on lg Stylo 2

Go to solution
Highlighted
Accomplice

Nougat broke hot spot on lg Stylo 2

Is there a fix for this I don't use it but want the option as I am supposed to have the option
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Accomplice

Re: Nougat broke hot spot on lg Stylo 2

Yes, the Valentine's Day update to Nougat to fix the hotspot is successful. Hopefully this won't be a problem with future Android updates.

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
Groupie

Simply go to settings...more..mobile network...uncheck automatic by selecting CDMA. Turn hotspot on.
Accomplice

Saldana13ja
You are a life saver....i literally was on the phone with boost customer service for an hour regarding this stylo 2 issue...they transferred the call over to lg, who spent 40 min. Only to have me factory data reset my phone...which didnt work...their only other solution was to send phone to lg....i was gonna send it tomorrow till i saw your advice...thank you very much
Accomplice

Didn't work
Accomplice

Accomplice

Works, but now phone signal 3g...what happened to 4g lte??
Accomplice

Yes, this is a temporary fix to use the slower 3G speeds for hotspot but we would like to be able to use this as before in LTE.  Certainly between Boost, LG, and Android someone has the know how to fix this issue (?)

Community Manager

@Cavs_B_Ball is correct that switching the Mobile Data setting to CDMA only forces the phone to 3G mode, which will prevent it from receiving TE at all, whether you're using the hotspot or not.

If you do not currently use the hotspot, I wouldn't recommend this as a workaround.  I'm happy to send this on up to our device teams but want to be sure we've done troubleshooting first.  Please bear with me if you're used to doing all of this, there'll be lurkers reading this who may not be familiar with the easy stuff.

- First step is always turn the phone off, leave it off for at least 60 seconds, turn it back on.  

- Try going to Settings - System Updates - Update LG Software (probably not but you should aoways check)

- From the phone dialer hit ##SCRTN# (##72786#).  Agree to reset provisioning parameters  by clicking 'OK'.  This affects ONLY the Boost network info, not your pictures, apps or game progress..

Last step is a Factory Reset which wipes the phone completely.  If you try this, you will want to back up everything,  to the cloud or an SD card which you then remove from the device.  - this can be a hassle so I will hold it as a last resort until someone lets me know that none of these above options have worked  

If you've done all the troubleshooting steps and still have the issue, please post here.  As I mentioned, I'll make sure our device people know about it and report it to LG as well.

Community Manager

Captain of the Pirate Ship the Vicious Cream Puff

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos or marking it the Accepted Solution.

Accomplice

I've had the same problem since updating. Tethering or hotspot has been disconnected due to network error please try again later. Tried everything multiple times including factory resets. I use my hotspot for work so this is extremely frustrating and have yet to find a solution. Keep us updated! Thanks
Accomplice

LTE works fine outside of the hotspot in Nougat. So, yeah, no reason to do that if you're not using the hotspot. I just set it back to automatic from CDMA after using the hotspot. I'll try the steps listed (except factory reset) and then keep up to date here on fixes. Thanks.