My wifi hotspot is not connecting to the internet...

My wifi hotspot is not connecting to the internet...

I have the $50 unlimited talk text and high speed data and the wifi hotspot is only 80GB... Can someone help me please..???
4 REPLIES 4

My wifi hot spot will not connect to my computer. My computer keeps saying it cant find device. How do you pair phone & hotspot?
Accomplice

I think you mean, your computer can't connect to your phone's mobile hotspot.  Do you have mobile data enabled on your phone and the hotspot turned on? Try changing the SSID name (in the phone's hotspt settings) to a name like myhotspot1980, then change the password to a long string of odd words such as "thoseredbrokenstairs", then if possible change settings to allow only 1 device. Make sure you pick the wpa or wpa2 encryption option which is better than wep.  Your computer's list of wifi networks should show myhotspot1980 and allow you to make the connection.

Accomplice

btw: i hope you're not trying to use bluetooth to make this connection. The phone's mobile hotspot and bluetooth are not the same thing. Turn bluetooth off whenever possible while using the hotspot.

Accomplice

My settings on my iPad states that I am connected to WiFi thru my boost mobile hotspot, but nothing will open. Anything I try says I am not connected to the internet!
I really really DO NOT look forward to talking to someone in customer service with only their scripted answers. This is ridiculous!