Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

LG X Power

Highlighted
Accomplice

LG X Power

I cannot use the settings app for my LG X Power.  When I select settings.  The app automatically goes to the General tab and then scrolls to the bottom of the list.  I am unable to select other tabs and scroll in the settings app.  Scrolling works everywhere else..  I did a backup and a factory reset but the problem persists.  To make matters worse, I can't personalize my phone now because of the settings issue.  Any help would be appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Agent

Re: LG X Power

Hey there @papoosa! Let’s get this thing figured out. Have you make any changes on your device? Did you perform any update recently?

~ Joy P.

~ Joy P.
Highlighted
Accomplice

Good morning and thank you for responding.  When this started acting up, I made no changes to the phone and the phone had done an update automatically.  I did do a factory reset so I doubt the updates are up to date

Agent

Understandable, Papoosa. In this kind of scenarios, we suggest that you contact the manufacturer (LG) at:  800-793-8896. They'll be able to assist you with your request, it could be that you may need to perform a software upgrade.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Just spoke with LG and they were no help.  They want me to send the phone in for repair.  There has got to be a solution to this

Highlighted
Agent

We definitely understand your concern, Papoosa. Just to confirm, do you have insurance? If you do, you can also contact Brightstar at: 844-534-3099.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Unfortunately, no, I don't have insurance.  I don't think my phone is still under warranty.  According to phone, I have latest LG software and firmware.  The only problem with phone is the settings app.  Everything else works fine.  Is it possible to uninstall and re-install the settings app?

Highlighted
Agent

We don't know if is possible, Papoosa. It shouldn't be possible since that's a built-in system on the phone.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Then what is my choice.  After I performed the factory reset, I lost all of my personalized settings.  I  can't customize the phone because I can't access the various settings tabs.

Highlighted
Agent

As a last resort, you may need to contact the manufacturer. We do not offer repair services, that's why we partnered with BrightStar to offer this service to our customers. Unfortunately, you don't have this service, meaning that you will need to contact the manufacturer.