LG X Power makes weird noise when I make a call. Kind of sounds like a helicopter

Groupie

LG X Power makes weird noise when I make a call. Kind of sounds like a helicopter

My phone makes a weird noise like a helicopter or old phone everytime I make an out going call. My wife has same phone but hers does not do it. Please help!!! I do not think it hurts my phone its just annoying.
Thank You
See more topics labeled with:
6 REPLIES 6
Agent

Re: LG X Power makes weird noise when I make a call. Kind of sounds like a helicopter

Hey there @Shelby39 Did you perform any updates on your device recently?

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.
Groupie

Re: LG X Power makes weird noise when I make a call. Kind of sounds like a helicopter

It auto updates I think. But yes I am sure I did when this started. Its been about a week or so.
Agent

Thanks for the information @Shelby39 We were investigating, it looks this issue is due to the last update you have made. We recommended you to contact the manufacturer which is LG so they can offer with better assistance.

~JoyP

~ Joy P.
Groupie

I did get a hold of LG and they were absolutely NO help whatsoever. They said to either do a factory reset or wait until a new update comes out. He said he would make a note of it for the software guys. Do you know if a reset will work? Has anyone else tried? I do not want to do it if its not going to work because I do not want to have to redo all my contacts and apps. What do you think?

Hi there, Shelby39! We truly apologize for this situation.

A master or factory reset is the last-resort troubleshooting for software-related issues. It has a high issue-resolution rate.

But still, we can't promise you that it will resolve the issue, as you may need to send your device to LG to get it either repaired or replaced.

Concerning all the information you have in your device, you can back it up on your Gmail account before performing the factory reset. Using a SD card, you can save media files like photos, videos, and music.

Don't doubt to let us know if you have any other questions!

Hozuki_Robert

Groupie

I did see that other people are having this problem and today I went into my updates and updated everything that would let me in my general settings and now my phone does not do it anymore. I did not do a factory reset or anything like that I just updated my system updates which was PRL, Profile, Firmware, and my LG Software. Let me know if this works for everyone else. Goodluck...