LG Tribute HD cant send texts

LG Tribute HD cant send texts

Hello.
I bought the lg tribute hd about a month ago. My service ends in 2 days, but i have a re-boost card ready. But im hesitant to add it. Why?
Up until an hour ago everything was fine. I could send texts, recieve them, make calls, and use data.
All of a sudden i went to go send a text and it just sat there saying "sending" and 5 minutes later it says "message not sent, tap to try again"
I am able to recieve texts, but i cannot send them. Im also able to make calls and use data.
 I never had problems with straight talk and i dont know why i switched to boost...
I looked online and alot of people had the same problem.
I used the boost zone app. Nothing in there. I updated the prl profile. Still no.
There was 2 supposed resolutions,
1- factory reset, he said he had the same problem I did and it was fixed.
But i dont want to do that.
2- they kept asking for the sms service center number (i guess its a number that tells the phone how to route sms messages?)
Ok, so people said oh this is the number!
Ok, but where the hell is the message center??? I looked in settings, i went to the sms app and went through all settings. I went to boost zone.

5 hours and i still cant figure it out.
And i called customer service...
HA!!
theres not even an option to talk to a human!

See more topics labeled with:
7 REPLIES 7
Promoter

Re: LG Tribute HD cant send texts

Just a big maybe here, but maybe you were off a bit as to how much time you had left?

As the symptoms of NO outbound anything or data usage sounds like this:

https://www.boostmobile.com/#!/support/faq/plans-services/free-incoming-calls-sms/

Hi there @StartingToHate and thank you for reporting this issue.

We truly apologize for the hard time you've had while trying to use your text messaging service. To better help you resolve this issue, please send us a private message including the below details:

- Your mobile number.

- Your PIN code.

- A nearby cross-street address.

Looking forward to your answer.

- Robert.

I'm having the same issue and I have unlimited data and use my WI-FI when I'm home. My texts won't go through and any pics sent through text messaging will not download. This is ridiculous that I cannot talk to someone!
Agent

@Eskj1978 Hello! Sorry about the inconvenience. We'll be more than happy to assist you! Would you please send us a private message with your phone number and PIN, so we can further assist you?

Note: For you to send a me a Private Message only need to click on my username, which will take to my profile, once you're there on the right side of the screen you will see the option to send me a Message.

~ Joy P.

~ Joy P.

I had an update for my phone so i did it then after the update i have no service. Cant make or get calls or texts. Ive tried factory resetting ive tried removing battery and sim card ( which worked lat time this happened) and still no service. Please help
Agent

Sorry to hear that, Davidleesgirl. Please try dialing the code ##72786#. If the phone asks for confirmation, select the option to do so. Let us know if the issue persists after that.

Groupie

I'm currently having the same issue.. I can't send pictures, videos or voice messages