LG Stylo 2 Issues!

Accomplice

LG Stylo 2 Issues!

Purchased LG STYLO 2 from boost online store. 2 days after purchase the phone wouldn't turn on & had a flashing red light. Did standard troubleshooting, nothing worked. Went to local boost store, guy fixed it but didn't answer how or what the problem was. 2 weeks later..get up this morning same problem. Won't turn on, flashing red light. Help! What is the issue?

thanks

22 REPLIES 22
Accomplice

Re: LG Stylo 2 Issues!

Hold volume up and power button down and it should reset it if you purchased insurance cotact boost and let them know whats going on
Accomplice

Vol up + power does nothing on stylo 2
Accomplice

you have a year of warranty with lg try remove the battery then put again if doesn't work is a hardware issue or a failing battery
Accomplice

THis is from another Message Board. I am copying and pasting a solution someone else had. So hopefully this work.

Literally JUST fixed my problem.

Left it plugged in with the stock Cord/USB Charger for 4 hours, came home and it was 100% Charged screen.

But then, it wouldn't boot past the LG Screen.

I then reseated the battery, popped it back on the charger and now it's ON and working.

That resolved the problem for someone else. Let me know if it works for you!

I have contacted LG regarding all 3 of my children phone shutting down. We had to take the battery out to start it again. I have contacted Boodt regarding the situation which they did trouble shooting on all three. Problem continued and they eventually had to keepp removing the battery. Eventually one of my children's phone completly shut down and did the exact same thing your did, but only difference is, his battery was still in the phone and the phone started getting real hot. I contacted LG and eventually sent the phone in. They sent me a message stating they could not repair the phone because there was liquid damage to the phone. If that was the case, I would have done an insurance claim and not sent it to them because I know they would not have fixed a damage phone. These people are bogus and knows these phones had a defect in them and that is why they went on sale during black friday. 

I've had no problems with my LG Stylo 2. I love it!
After having a Samsung that was so bad I couldn't even use it to make phone calls with, this phone is heaven. You few that have had problems with your Stylo should buy good new batteries at Batteries Plus (not Amazon or E-Bay).
Promoter

I bought my Stylo 2 direct from BestBuy when they had it on sale at 50% off back in December. NO issues at all, and love the phone.

@1Jaxsgirl

Fromm all the research I have done online, seems to be narrowed down to 2 possibilities:

1. The battery is bad. It does happen sometimes.

or

2. The circuitry in the phone itself is defective, and again that too happens sometimes.

Fromm all my reading, I kept getting this sense that everyone seems to believe that manufacturing defects simply do not happen anymore or something. Contrary to that belief, take it from someone who use to do customer service and repairs, it does. Mass production will alwayts have those few gremlions where something goes bad. Or is not hooked up completely/correctly. You get the point. As an example, many years ago I was doing computer builds and repairs. We got 1 entire shipment of har drives in and  of them defective. We initiated an investigation and found some dimwit at the airport where they came in at had "accidentall" sent them through a large X-ray machine. Geee, apparently could NOT read on crates where it said "DO NOT X-RAY"!:

Highlighted
Accomplice

First you need to turn your phone off then:
1. Hold down the power and volume down buttons.
2. When the LG logo appears then only take your finger off the volume down button.
3. When the "Recovery Mode" logo appears then take your finger off the power button.
4. Several or more option of commands will appear so then go ahead and toggle down by tapping the volume down button until you reach the "wipe cache partition" command.
5. Pick the "wipe cache partition" command by clicking on the power button.
6. Then a "no" or "yes" option of commands will appear then tap on the volume down button to the option "yes" command then choose it by clicking the power button.
7. So now it will start wiping the cache partition for about 5 seconds then it's finished.
8. Then those same number of choices of commands will appear again so then you want to choose the very first option at the top of the commands where it says "Reboot system"
So then your phone will reboot it self and when it's finished it will turn off then turn back on and that's it it should fix the problem and this operation I just showed you should fix 90% of the problems that your phone will experience so good luck and it was a privilege to help you. And if you have any other problems with your device then you can PM me on Facebook at: Jared Paul Korenko.
Accomplice

I have tried all this steps my phone refuses to reboot. Still going back to the command error screen. What else can I do please?