LG Style 2 Can't move apps to SD card

LG Style 2 Can't move apps to SD card

Hi to whom this may concern,

I just bought the LG Stylo 2. I recieved my 32gb SD card today. To my surprise I'm unable to move apps from the internal storage to the external storage (SD card). Why is this? I've called both technical support from Boost Mobile and LG. No one could adequately explain to me why this feature doesn't exist. I've had an LG phone before (lg volt 2) and I was able to move acceptable apps to my ad card. I've watched YouTube videos (lg g sytlo) trying to troubleshoot the problem and still nothing.

The lady over at LG said somethinh about not it being able to move them because the apps utilize "internet" and the guy at boost was trying to Stevy me over to Apple -_- Is there a glitch in the new 6.0.1 marshmallow OS software for Android that's causing this? Why have a phone with an SD card slot and you're unable to actual MOVE apps or files to the SD card to free up phone space and eliminate bloat ware.

I've had this phone for 5days and I'm already disappointed. The first impression of the phone and it's software before updating the second time gave me an IPhone impression. It took forever just to configure the phone to have a home scree & app drawer. The LG Stylo 2 is Android based not Apple. So why am I SD subjected and locked in to only having 16gb of I internal storage memory and unable to move apps to external -_- I don't like it.

If anyone has suggestions for how I could move apps/flies from internal memory to external memory (SD card) on the LG Stylo 2, please help. Secondly, I'll like better understanding of the LG Stylo 2 software for what I can and cannot do. Also, boost needs their customer service representative to know generally troubleshooting steps/information.

Thank you!
11 REPLIES 11
Groupie

Re: LG Style 2 Can't move apps to SD card

I have the studio 2 as well some apps I can move some I can't. I've learned that's its mainly the apps you downloaded that you can move. Any that were came pre installed on the phone generally you can't move. Some though you have to go into the app permissions and re do the app settings before you can move them

The software allows the transfer of apps to the SD card; however LG decided, on their own, to not allow the transfer of apps. Marshmallow allows you to format the SD card as Internal Storage or as Portable Storage. The Internal option allows for the app movement to SD card.  LG, through their infinite wisdom, decided to disallow this option even though Marshmallow allows it. LG only allows you to format the SD card as Portable Storage which is pretty much useless. 

DesireR wrote:
Hi to whom this may concern,

I just bought the LG Stylo 2. I recieved my 32gb SD card today. To my surprise I'm unable to move apps from the internal storage to the external storage (SD card). Why is this? I've called both technical support from Boost Mobile and LG. No one could adequately explain to me why this feature doesn't exist. I've had an LG phone before (lg volt 2) and I was able to move acceptable apps to my ad card. I've watched YouTube videos (lg g sytlo) trying to troubleshoot the problem and still nothing.

The lady over at LG said somethinh about not it being able to move them because the apps utilize "internet" and the guy at boost was trying to Stevy me over to Apple -_- Is there a glitch in the new 6.0.1 marshmallow OS software for Android that's causing this? Why have a phone with an SD card slot and you're unable to actual MOVE apps or files to the SD card to free up phone space and eliminate bloat ware.

I've had this phone for 5days and I'm already disappointed. The first impression of the phone and it's software before updating the second time gave me an IPhone impression. It took forever just to configure the phone to have a home scree & app drawer. The LG Stylo 2 is Android based not Apple. So why am I SD subjected and locked in to only having 16gb of I internal storage memory and unable to move apps to external -_- I don't like it.

If anyone has suggestions for how I could move apps/flies from internal memory to external memory (SD card) on the LG Stylo 2, please help. Secondly, I'll like better understanding of the LG Stylo 2 software for what I can and cannot do. Also, boost needs their customer service representative to know generally troubleshooting steps/information.

Thank you!

go to settings, choose general, touch system updates, then touch update LG software, touch check for update to update to the 7.0 nugat os, which takes about an hour, then you can move apps to the SD card. There are some videos on youtube.

Promoter

Actually, it was Android 6.0.1 that prevented the App2SD. NOT anyone else. How do I know this is a FACT?

Well, the Stylo 2 I bought had Android 6.0.1 on it and would not allow it at all. AFTER the update to Nougat (7.0) guess what? You can now. SO, it was ALWAYS Androids decision. No one elses.

I NEED SOME SUPPORT AS WELL AND WILL APPRECIATE MANY 

Promoter

Per my post above:

1. Your phone MUST be on Android 7 (Nougat). NOT 6 Marshmallow. As Marshmallow is what prohibited any transfer of apps to SD.

2. There is a MAJOR caveat that I have also found out...  SOME app authors can flag their apps to NOT transfer to SD, I have found several of my downloaded apps refuse to transfer.

So, basically to conserve emeory:

1. Have the phone runningf Nougat

2. transfer those that will transfer. AND PLEASE remember they will run WAY slower.

3. The crap apps (aka BLOAT) can be disabled, not removed or moved.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Android 6.0 marshmallow will not allow you to move apps to your SD card but since my Stylo 2 got Android 7.0 Nougat now I can move my apps that I've only downloaded and the bloatware apps you can't and I can move all my pictures and videos to my SD card.
Accomplice

Android assistant is a great app that helps you move stuff on your SD card. You can also turn off apps you dont want to have start up on your phone.
Groupie

нєяє ιѕ тнє αиѕωєя уσυ'νє вєєи ѕєαя¢нιиg fσя,,,, иєνєя вυу αи ℓρ ρнσиє,,,єνєя. му g ѕтуℓє нαѕ 32gвѕ σf ѕ∂ ѕρα¢є тнαт ιѕ ¢σмρℓєтєℓу υѕєℓєѕѕ. ι нανє тнє 8gв мσ∂єℓ ωιтн 2.59gвѕ тαкєи ву α fєω αρρѕ ℓєανιиg мє ωιтн 735мвѕ уєѕ уσυ яєα∂ ¢σяяє¢тℓ,,, мєgαвутєѕ σf ѕρα¢є яємαιиιиg σи му ρσѕ ѕтуℓσ. ωнι¢н вє¢αυѕє σf тнιѕ ℓα¢к σf ѕρα¢є,,, ¢яαѕнєѕ αт ℓєαѕт 12 тιмєѕ α ∂αу. ℓg иєє∂ѕ тσ qυιт ρσιитιиg тнє fιиgєя αт вσσѕт αи∂ ѕтαят тαкιиg яєѕρσиѕιвιℓιту fσя тнєѕє υѕєℓєѕѕ ρσѕ вяι¢кѕ тнєу кєєρ яιρριиg ¢υѕтσмєяѕ σff σf тнєιя ραу¢нє¢кѕ αи∂ ρєα¢є σf мιи∂