I want to port over my Nexus 6 from Sprint

Go to solution
Highlighted
Groupie

I want to port over my Nexus 6 from Sprint

I bought a phone from Sprint two years ago--paid in full. Google shipped it from their factory. I've tried my IMEI with your system--to no avail.
Question:
             I really can't use my Sprint Nexus 6 phone with Boost?
I would love to switch. Every Boost retailer has different answers regarding this and most retailers want you to buy their phone.
Also, I've tried my friend's Tmobile sim card in my phone and it works fine and clear--regarding calls.

I've included the surrounding APNs (Access Point Networks) from my phone.15826798_10154284862147549_441278533184651745_n.jpg15822629_10154284862412549_3675741831750707952_n.jpg15822892_10154284862692549_6204583783050260788_n.jpg15780816_10154284862817549_659555470542887512_n.jpg

See more topics labeled with:
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Guru

Re: I want to port over my Nexus 6 from Sprint

Hi,
Cool you want to come to Boost! Your device is capable of seeing Boost cell tower signals. Sorry for my late reply, I've unexpectedly had extra hours at the workplace.

The offical answer from Boost Mobile is that No, the Moto Nexus 6 Sprint is not on the list of supported devices and Boost Mobile only supports A)a Boost Branded Phone , B) a Sprint Phone on Use a Sprint Phone on Boost list https://www.boostmobile.com/#!/support/faq/phones-devices/activate-a-sprint-phone/ or C) a phone on the Bring your own device list (which lists iPhones and the SGS7) https://www.boostmobile.com/#!/support/faq/phones-devices/bring-your-device/

Now, I don't want to confuse you but, that being said, that the offical answer is No, it may be possible as I personally know people that have gotten their Nexus devices and some other Samsung phones not on the list to work with Boost Mobile.

You must get Boost to add your IMEI/ESN to their list of allowed devices for activation, thus is why the web site keeps rejecting yours. You will need to go to a store to do this. Only one person I know was successful by calling customer care. The process is called a re-SKU. You mist as for a re SKu or they don't know where to begin to help. Be sure to call stores in your area asking if they ever transferred a Sprint phone to Boost, when I called it took me three stores before I found one that was familiar with the process. The store will charge you, like $5 for helping you, and Boost charges $10 for activation.

Do you have a Sprint SIM? Yes, Good. If No, you must find a store that has one, not all stores carry SIM cards on hand.

When you get the device(for Sprint branded ones) re-sku ed the APNs should come across automatically. But, here are my APNs, from my Sprint Note 4, that I use with Boost service, in XML format.

<APN name="APN0 LTE ota" numeric="311870" mcc="311" mnc="870" apn="otasn" user="" server="" password="" proxy="" port="" mmsproxy="" mmsport="" mmsprotocol="null" mmsc="" type="fota"></APN>
<APN name="APN0 EHRPD ota" numeric="311870" mcc="311" mnc="870" apn="otasn" user="" server="" password="" proxy="" port="" mmsproxy="" mmsport="" mmsprotocol="null" mmsc="" type="fota"></APN>
<APN name="APN1 LTE pam" numeric="311870" mcc="311" mnc="870" apn="pamsn" user="" server="" password="" proxy="" port="" mmsproxy="" mmsport="" mmsprotocol="null" mmsc="" type="dun"></APN>
<APN name="APN1 EHRPD pam" numeric="311870" mcc="311" mnc="870" apn="pamsn" user="" server="" password="" proxy="" port="" mmsproxy="" mmsport="" mmsprotocol="null" mmsc="" type="dun"></APN>
<APN name="APN2 LTE internet" numeric="311870" mcc="311" mnc="870" apn="n.boost.ispsn" user="" server="" password="" proxy="" port="" mmsproxy="68.28.31.7" mmsport="80" mmsprotocol="null" mmsc="http://mms.sprintpcs.com" type="default,mms"></APN>
<APN name="APN2 EHRPD internet" numeric="311870" mcc="311" mnc="870" apn="n.boost.ispsn" user="" server="" password="" proxy="" port="" mmsproxy="68.28.31.7" mmsport="80" mmsprotocol="null" mmsc="http://mms.sprintpcs.com" type="default,mms"></APN>

If more question do reply.

Yours,
-J
----------
I am not a Boost or Sprint Employee, but I have a reasonably strong knowledge of technology in general. Just here to help when I can.
Check my badges!
If I have answered your question, please be sure to click the Accepted Solution_B.GIF button at the bottom of my Reply, so others can quickly find the answer they are looking for!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Community Manager

Greetings @dracer!  I think @injeans might have some information for you.  He's particularly good at helping folks get devices up and running on Boost.

Community Manager

Captain of the Pirate Ship the Vicious Cream Puff

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos or marking it the Accepted Solution.

Guru

Hi @dracer,
While not officially supported it may be possible.
Do you have the Nexus 6 Shamu Moto XT1103 or the Nexus 6P Angler Hauwei H1512/H1511?
-J
Groupie

@injeans Shamu
Guru

Hi,
Cool you want to come to Boost! Your device is capable of seeing Boost cell tower signals. Sorry for my late reply, I've unexpectedly had extra hours at the workplace.

The offical answer from Boost Mobile is that No, the Moto Nexus 6 Sprint is not on the list of supported devices and Boost Mobile only supports A)a Boost Branded Phone , B) a Sprint Phone on Use a Sprint Phone on Boost list https://www.boostmobile.com/#!/support/faq/phones-devices/activate-a-sprint-phone/ or C) a phone on the Bring your own device list (which lists iPhones and the SGS7) https://www.boostmobile.com/#!/support/faq/phones-devices/bring-your-device/

Now, I don't want to confuse you but, that being said, that the offical answer is No, it may be possible as I personally know people that have gotten their Nexus devices and some other Samsung phones not on the list to work with Boost Mobile.

You must get Boost to add your IMEI/ESN to their list of allowed devices for activation, thus is why the web site keeps rejecting yours. You will need to go to a store to do this. Only one person I know was successful by calling customer care. The process is called a re-SKU. You mist as for a re SKu or they don't know where to begin to help. Be sure to call stores in your area asking if they ever transferred a Sprint phone to Boost, when I called it took me three stores before I found one that was familiar with the process. The store will charge you, like $5 for helping you, and Boost charges $10 for activation.

Do you have a Sprint SIM? Yes, Good. If No, you must find a store that has one, not all stores carry SIM cards on hand.

When you get the device(for Sprint branded ones) re-sku ed the APNs should come across automatically. But, here are my APNs, from my Sprint Note 4, that I use with Boost service, in XML format.

<APN name="APN0 LTE ota" numeric="311870" mcc="311" mnc="870" apn="otasn" user="" server="" password="" proxy="" port="" mmsproxy="" mmsport="" mmsprotocol="null" mmsc="" type="fota"></APN>
<APN name="APN0 EHRPD ota" numeric="311870" mcc="311" mnc="870" apn="otasn" user="" server="" password="" proxy="" port="" mmsproxy="" mmsport="" mmsprotocol="null" mmsc="" type="fota"></APN>
<APN name="APN1 LTE pam" numeric="311870" mcc="311" mnc="870" apn="pamsn" user="" server="" password="" proxy="" port="" mmsproxy="" mmsport="" mmsprotocol="null" mmsc="" type="dun"></APN>
<APN name="APN1 EHRPD pam" numeric="311870" mcc="311" mnc="870" apn="pamsn" user="" server="" password="" proxy="" port="" mmsproxy="" mmsport="" mmsprotocol="null" mmsc="" type="dun"></APN>
<APN name="APN2 LTE internet" numeric="311870" mcc="311" mnc="870" apn="n.boost.ispsn" user="" server="" password="" proxy="" port="" mmsproxy="68.28.31.7" mmsport="80" mmsprotocol="null" mmsc="http://mms.sprintpcs.com" type="default,mms"></APN>
<APN name="APN2 EHRPD internet" numeric="311870" mcc="311" mnc="870" apn="n.boost.ispsn" user="" server="" password="" proxy="" port="" mmsproxy="68.28.31.7" mmsport="80" mmsprotocol="null" mmsc="http://mms.sprintpcs.com" type="default,mms"></APN>

If more question do reply.

Yours,
-J
----------
I am not a Boost or Sprint Employee, but I have a reasonably strong knowledge of technology in general. Just here to help when I can.
Check my badges!
If I have answered your question, please be sure to click the Accepted Solution_B.GIF button at the bottom of my Reply, so others can quickly find the answer they are looking for!

View solution in original post

Accomplice

Is the iPhone SE eligible to port over to Boost?