I think my LG Stylo 3 has been hacked.

Enthusiast

I think my LG Stylo 3 has been hacked.

My Stylo 3 will not recognize SD Cards, I have tried several different brands and sizes (very frustrating). Next issue, I used Boost diagnostics and under the incomplete tab it shows system updates. When I click on it, it shows my device software is unavailable, updates unavailable, device software NRD90U unavailable.. When I click on the learn more tab, this is the message that pops up....
GM-API was unable to determine the device or the device identifier passed to GM-API is malformed or invalid....

Not sure what to do....
See more topics labeled with:
8 REPLIES 8

Re: I think my LG Stylo 3 has been hacked.

Had you tried factory reseting the phone? If not do try that
Promoter

I too second the idea put forward by TrapperWireless.

Enthusiast

Yes, that was the first thing I tried. I've tried a couple different things, and nothing has worked...Pisses me off, it's a brand new phone
Agent

Hello @ngidley330. We are sorry to read that you are having issues with your device. We recommend contacting the manufacturer for further assistance. The LG warranty number is 800-793-8896.

Seems like they sold you a phobene with loaded spyware, hold onto it and return it to the store with a receipt before you go crazy ive seen it happen be4
Groupie

MY PHONE STARTED SAYING THAT VERY SAme thing as of weds.  i hate the ZTE PRESTIGE and it is less than a year old. Since that started happening my phone will barely charge 20% in 3 hours. and i have tried everything as well. This is crap and i have been with boost for going on 3 years.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

I just bought mine 2 days ago and my friend had went out to get it for me. When I got it it was already opened out of box and the back was placed on it but not properly snapped. I put in the battery and or immediately said."ERASING".
I WAS LIKE ERASING WHAT?!
Of course my friend says I'm whacky and blah blah but, he has installed apps on my phone previously I think. Anyway...anybody ever heard or seen this themselves with any phone ever?
I have not and I know there is an explanation. Please help and enlighten me someone. Thanks so very much.
Enthusiast

I just bought mine 2 days ago and my friend had went out to get it for me. When I got it it was already opened out of box and the back was placed on it but not properly snapped. I put in the battery and it immediately flashed this onscreen ."ERASING".
I WAS LIKE ERASING WHAT?!
Of course my friend says I'm whacky and blah blah but, he has installed apps on my phone previously I think. Anyway...anybody ever heard or seen this themselves with any phone ever?
I have not and I know there is an explanation. Please help and enlighten me someone. Thanks so very much.