Hotspot SSID and Password on my phone edited and now can't use it

Groupie

Hotspot SSID and Password on my phone edited and now can't use it

I edited my mobile hotspot SSID and password and now it won't work I used it before with no problem, hadn't edited it then my phone is a ZTE Max XL
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Hotspot SSID and Password on my phone edited and now can't use it

Hi  @SRubio

The hotspot settings menu lets you configure advanced options.
•Set Network SSID: From the Hotspot window, tap Configure > Network name, enter a name for your hotspot, and then tap Save.
•Set Hotspot Security: From the Hotspot window, tap Configure > Security, select a security settings option, and then tap Save.
•Set Hotspot Password: From the Hotspot window, tap Configure > Password, enter a password, and then tap Save.
•Hide Hotspot from Searches: From the Hotspot window, tap Configure, uncheck the Broadcast network name (SSID) checkbox, and then tap Save.
•Set Allowed Devices: To select which devices are allowed to connect to the Hotspot, in the Hotspot window, tap Manage users > Max connection and select a number, or tap Block list to manage forbidden devices.
•Set Hotspot Timeout Settings: From the Hotspot window, tap Sleep policy > Hotspot sleep policy and select an option.
•Check Hotspot notification to get notification in the status bar when sleep policy turns off the hotspot.
•Set Local Area Network (LAN) Settings: From the Hotspot window, tap LAN settings and configure your options.

• E.J.
Highlighted
Groupie

This doesn't help me I have done all of this and my hotspot still won't connect to my TV
@Boost_Ejay
Is there any way I can get the original SSID and password?
Highlighted
Agent

@SRubio Unfortunately, as far as we know the original information cannot be recovered. You can go ahead and set up a new one.

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.
Highlighted
Groupie

I have tried multiple times but it still won't work @Joy1713
Highlighted
Agent

Please, send us a private message so we can further assist you. @SRubio.

Note: For you to send a me a Private Message only need to click on my username, which will take to my profile, once you're there on the right side of the screen you will see the option to send me a Message.

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.