Error code 104 on ZTE MAX XL? Tried everything?

Groupie

Error code 104 on ZTE MAX XL? Tried everything?

It started with just one number, (a local number in my state; a co-worker), randomly one day could not send any SMS or MMS messages to this person, although I seemingly receive any SMS they send to me without any problems. I can make calls to this person but it seems they have trouble calling in. I have tried deleting our messages, resetting my phone, even deleting all my other text messages to see if that had any effect but nothing has helped. Recently, I'd say within the last week or so, this "Error 104" message now pops up when I try to message a different co-worker/different number. Again, have tried restarting phone and deleting messages but nothing has worked. It is very important to my job that I am able to communicate with both of these people at all times especially via SMS/MMS so any help would really be appreciated. Thank you!
4 REPLIES 4
Agent

Re: Error code 104 on ZTE MAX XL? Tried everything?

Hello @cheyennem So sorry about the trouble! Does this happen whenever you're located in specific location? Are you Android or Apple device?

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.
Groupie

No this happens anywhere I am, regardless of location. I have an Android, the ZTE MAX XL
Agent

Thanks for the information @cheyennem. Please, send us a private message, so we can take a closer look.

Note: For you to send a me a Private Message only need to click on my username, which will take to my profile, once you're there on the right side of the screen you will see the option to send me a Message.

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.
Highlighted
Accomplice

I found the answer for my phone. I have a Moto e4 plus but the solution seems to be the same across most devices. Select the contact your having trouble sending texts to and edit the phone number so the number one precedes your contacts phone number. Example: 1-234-567-8910. For future reference, it's easier to find answers via the FAQ's from your My Boost app under self service or the little message box with the question mark in it, top right corner of the app.